News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

There were suggestions at the weekend that it might potentially be possible to put out more buses than the minimum core hospitals service that was published. 

If anything, the opposite seems to be the case. 

PB50

Quote from: Michael Bevan on March 22, 2023, 12:46:41 PMSeems like no Perry Barr buses are out today. Seen WA 6719 and 6734 on the X4, and WB 822 and 1935 on the 28.
None seem to be tracking on bustimes. 

Jack6101

Quote from: PB50 on March 22, 2023, 01:19:54 PMNone seem to be tracking on bustimes.
Loans don't and recent transfers don't track 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

BrumKev86

Just seen a 87 branded WB bus near Solihull town centre doing YW 6 route. Didn't catch the fleet number but I don't think it's tracking.

Edit it was 6973
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Tony

Quote from: BrumKev86 on March 22, 2023, 01:54:37 PMJust seen a 87 branded WB bus near Solihull town centre doing YW 6 route. Didn't catch the fleet number but I don't think it's tracking.
see the comment above yours. No buses on a route other than their home garage will track.

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: metrocity on March 22, 2023, 12:16:54 PMPerhaps Andy Street could pop down and have a chat at the same time !
He won't be seen unless there a photo opportunity involved 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: LiamsTransport1 on March 22, 2023, 02:04:24 PMHe won't be seen unless there a photo opportunity involved
He needs removing and replacing by a person who knows that there doing
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Straightlines

Quote from: Westy on March 22, 2023, 12:08:26 PMI wonder how long the public support will last?

I'm yet to hear any normal member of public with much sympathy - and I have heard a lot of non bus people talking about it this week!

Certain drivers on social media are also doing themselves no favours! 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Straightlines on March 22, 2023, 02:09:47 PMI'm yet to hear any normal member of public with much sympathy - and I have heard a lot of non bus people talking about it this week!

Theres a diamond driver who said
 "All I can say is, if NX drivers were abused before the strike, wait until they go back to work." 
just hope its not a sign of things to come for nx drivers 

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

MasterPlan

Quote from: Straightlines on March 22, 2023, 02:09:47 PMI'm yet to hear any normal member of public with much sympathy - and I have heard a lot of non bus people talking about it this week!

Well blocking buses from leaving the garages isn't going to help that either is it...
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Coventrybususer95

winston

It was announced on the radio this afternoon, that NXWM are now getting double the number of new driver applicants during the strikes too... 

Westy

I'm slightly confused how depots other than the 'home' depot are operating other depots routes,  eg Walsall operating the X4 ?

Thought the drivers would stay on their own depots routes?

Is this tied up with the buses being parked up 'elsewhere '?

karl724223

Quote from: Westy on March 22, 2023, 12:08:26 PMI wonder how long the public support will last?

I wonder if the more militant members of the public, getting extremely fed up themselves with the situation, might take matters into their own matters & head off down the depots & confront the picket line themselves?

The police would have a field day if that happened!
You sister can go down 😂

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on March 22, 2023, 06:20:55 PMYou sister can go down 😂
Unfortunately she is away out of the area this week, so she couldn't!

You're not one of these drivers on social media previously mentioned are you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk