News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Wumpty on March 22, 2023, 08:55:44 AMWhy do they? Picketers are exercising their right to peaceful protest and this involves being in a position that impedes buses leaving. The coverage shows them walking on the apron areas which they are entitled to do. There are no jaywalking laws in this country so they are doing nothing illegal.

As I've mentioned before, this is happening on private property and only the landowners can trespass picketers which is a civil matter. Police will be there to prevent a breach of the peace or to move picketers if it becomes aggravated trespass where people are prevented from performing their legitimate duties, ONLY if reported by those affected to the police, i.e. NX or the landowner.

There's a moral and a legal discussion and the picketers are doing nothing illegal at this point.
Cant they use buses thats in the other car park
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

Quote from: dw1308 on March 21, 2023, 10:21:06 PMI did wonder why there was a 79 branded E400 there and a few 82/87 branded platinums. Thanks for clearing that up
Think you are partly mistaken as there aren't any 79 branded buses.

Coventrybususer95

Can any SMT allowed to say what was in the pay deal that was turned down or is it only for company/ staff eyes as im interested in whats was put forward 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Tony

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2023, 10:27:24 AMHere are the current laws on picketing

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action-strikes/going-on-strike-and-picketing#:~:text=Picketing%20and%20the%20law,causing%20an%20obstruction'%20by%20police)
Interesting
  • try to block roads near the picket line (called 'causing an obstruction to the public highway')
so if they tried to block cox street in coventry they would be in breach?[/list]

Tony

"32.The law protects peaceful communication and persuasion. It does not give pickets, anyone organising or participating in any activity associated with picketing, or anyone organising a picket, protection against civil proceedings
being brought against them for any conduct occurring during the picketing, or associated activity, which amounts to a separate civil wrong such as: 
� unlawful threat or assault 
� harassment (i.e. threatening or unreasonable behaviour causing fear or apprehension to those in the vicinity); 
� obstruction of a path, road, entrance or exit to premises; 
� interference (e.g. because of noise or crowds) in the rights of those neighbouring properties (i.e. private nuisance); 
� trespassing on private property."

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2023, 10:19:07 PMBordesley us being used to store WB buses so there's enough room to get other garages buses in for MoT during the day
thank you  

Jack

Walsall are out running the X4 today.

dw1308

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 22, 2023, 09:24:50 AMThink you are partly mistaken as there aren't any 79 branded buses.
Yes I was mistaken as I saw the vehicle in service this morning I do apologise 

Westy

I wonder how long the public support will last?

I wonder if the more militant members of the public, getting extremely fed up themselves with the situation, might take matters into their own matters & head off down the depots & confront the picket line themselves?

The police would have a field day if that happened!

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Westy on March 22, 2023, 12:08:26 PMI wonder how long the public support will last?

I wonder if the more militant members of the public, getting extremely fed up themselves with the situation, might take matters into their own matters & head off down the depots & confront the picket line themselves?

They have lost a huge amount of support in coventry today

metrocity

Quote from: Westy on March 22, 2023, 12:08:26 PMI wonder how long the public support will last?

Perhaps Andy Street could pop down and have a chat at the same time !

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: metrocity on March 22, 2023, 12:16:54 PMPerhaps Andy Street could pop down and have a chat at the same time !
More chance of seeing a flying cow 

Ginger66

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 22, 2023, 12:10:56 PMThey have lost a huge amount of support in coventry today
I think a lot of support was lost when how much of a payrise drivers where getting was turned down. 

Even thou I'm not in the union where I work, we originally had 2.5% for 22/23 this has now been upped to 5% when the bosses agreed on adding an extra 2.5% for 22/23 pay award and bosses agreed from September 23 pay rises of 3%.

Michael Bevan

Seems like no Perry Barr buses are out today. Seen WA 6719 and 6734 on the X4, and WB 822 and 1935 on the 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk