News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: GoldenSquid on March 21, 2023, 11:59:33 AMIt would seem the 6 is being ran by BC buses today. 6843 is parked in Solihull Town Centre with a piece of paper saying 6.
4 has AG buses.
Yes, police had to be called because the exit at YW was not accessible 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2023, 12:21:01 PMYes, police had to be called because the exit at YW was not accessible
Again?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

karl724223

Quote from: Wumpty on March 21, 2023, 06:10:54 AMI was at LCP House in TESG meetings most of yesterday and was party to the conversations and phone calls from neighbouring businesses who'd complained about the footpath obstructions. Strangely, some of the delegates, including myself, had sympathised with the the strikers' cause though understood the all round frustrations.

The only difference between the situation at PN and WA is that Pensnett Trading Estate is essentially private property and police have got limited powers to disperse anyone obstructing any footpaths (it borders on civil trespass unless anyone deliberately obstructs another from going about their lawful business, then it becomes aggravated trespass and does permit police intervention), unlike at WA where the footpath is on the public highway and the police will have greater powers.

Still, one's interpretations are dependant upon which side of the picket you sit.
There was no pavement obstruction
Nobody was prevented from entering or leaving the property
The unit cars were parked on is an empty unit so I don't know how somebody from that unit complained like the woman representing said like it was pointed out legal and peaceful protest again the woman was only interested in calling the police so she was told to call them
They didn't attend

karl724223

Quote from: karl724223 on March 21, 2023, 12:54:59 PMThere was no pavement obstruction
Nobody was prevented from entering or leaving the property
The unit cars were parked on is an empty unit so I don't know how somebody from that unit complained like the woman representing said like it was pointed out legal and peaceful protest again the woman was only interested in calling the police so she was told to call them
They didn't attend
Quote form woman sent your on private property your on our grass pmsfl

mesub

Wasn't there a company that was either advertising for bus drivers from ex national express? Haven't heard anything from that for a while...
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Stu

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2023, 12:21:01 PMYes, police had to be called because the exit at YW was not accessible
Were some buses being parked up overnight at the recreation ground off Wheelers Lane? (Where the New Irish Centre and WMT Social Club are)

I noticed this morning on BusTimes (for a quick 'overview'), that a couple of buses on the 6 (one of them 6894) had started service from there.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Any news on new negotiations or possible compromise over the last couple of days? 

Tony

Quote from: j789 on March 21, 2023, 08:08:27 PMAny news on new negotiations or possible compromise over the last couple of days?
I think management are meeting Union on Thursday

Stu

Quote from: Mike K on March 21, 2023, 12:51:31 PMBrief footage here:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/black-country/its-kicking-off-moment-police-26521826
While I respect the reason why the union members are striking, I think its a bit unfair for them to be obstructing their non-union colleagues and preventing them from doing their job.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Stu on March 21, 2023, 08:30:53 PMWhile I respect the reason why the union members are striking, I think its a bit unfair for them to be obstructing their non-union colleagues and preventing them from doing their job.

Is there not a rule about not causing obstructions 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

hlliwmai

Me and my partner drove past the Ring & Ride depot this afternoon in Rubery & noticed a Platinum and an Enviro 400 parked in there is this what NX are choosing to do while the strikes are taking place parking buses in there Ring & Ride depots for drivers to use? I find it most bizarre as I saw a 51 tracking on bustimes this morning obviously running dead to start service somewhere and he had put his machine from the Wednesbury Ring & Ride depot.

Rachvince53

Quote from: hlliwmai on March 21, 2023, 08:44:50 PMMe and my partner drove past the Ring & Ride depot this afternoon in Rubery & noticed a Platinum and an Enviro 400 parked in there is this what NX are choosing to do while the strikes are taking place parking buses in there Ring & Ride depots for drivers to use? I find it most bizarre as I saw a 51 tracking on bustimes this morning obviously running dead to start service somewhere and he had put his machine from the Wednesbury Ring & Ride depot.
Yes, I guess because Ring & Ride is part of NX group but not on strike, they are using those depots for overnight stabling of buses required for use. 

j789

Quote from: Tony on March 21, 2023, 08:12:50 PMI think management are meeting Union on Thursday

I hope for a successful outcome, they've made their point now so hopefully the union will be cooperative.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: j789 on March 21, 2023, 09:56:41 PMI hope for a successful outcome, they've made their point now so hopefully the union will be cooperative.
Cant see the union being cooperative untill nx have offered every penny/cent they have available as unite seem to think nx bus has access to finances from the others branches of nx group

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk