News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dw1308

From what I saw at my garage we were allowed to vote and were balloted in the manner the union were pushing for. I'm hopeful that a happy ground can be found for us drivers but also for the travelling public because I don't think it's fair for thousands of peoples lives to be almost brought to a halt because they rely on the use of busses to carry out what they need to do day to day

Ginger66

Quote from: dw1308 on March 18, 2023, 01:15:40 AMFrom what I saw at my garage we were allowed to vote and were balloted in the manner the union were pushing for. I'm hopeful that a happy ground can be found for us drivers but also for the travelling public because I don't think it's fair for thousands of peoples lives to be almost brought to a halt because they rely on the use of busses to carry out what they need to do day to day
Nice comment hopefully drivers see common ground and what effect it has on passengers using services.

WalsallBuses2007

Do we know roughly when we get the results of the ballot and when the union will make a statement?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: WalsallBuses2007 on March 18, 2023, 11:40:32 AMDo we know roughly when we get the results of the ballot and when the union will make a statement?
Not sure but the union has saidnthe stikes back on 

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2023/march/west-midlands-bus-strike-back-on-over-national-express-union-busting/
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Gareth

PB50

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 18, 2023, 11:42:02 AMNot sure but the union has saidnthe stikes back on

https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2023/march/west-midlands-bus-strike-back-on-over-national-express-union-busting/
That article was from previous voting. Think we are supposed to find out this afternoon sometime.

Rachvince53

Given that the union aren't recommending the deal, I'll be surprised if the drivers vote for it.

Quote from: Rachvince53 on March 18, 2023, 01:01:29 PMGiven that the union aren't recommending the deal, I'll be surprised if the drivers vote for it.
Seems like a large number have rejected it anyway.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

29.3% for the offer
70.7% have rejected it

Strikes begin Monday 

Solo1

Why has it been rejected when engineering team have excepted it 

karl724223

Quote from: Solo1 on March 18, 2023, 01:50:12 PMWhy has it been rejected when engineering team have excepted it
Engineers were offered a different offer 

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on March 18, 2023, 01:38:21 PM29.3% for the offer
70.7% have rejected it

Strikes begin Monday
It was obvious 😒
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 18, 2023, 01:56:48 PMIt was obvious 😒
Hopefully it will only be double deckers out on the limited network on Monday and no omnilinks so they can run to maximum capacity.
Even if that means putting the 28 on diversion via stockland green as there's a low bridge on Summer Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Solo1

What do the drivers what then 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk