News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

The BBC have wrong headline https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64945474

It's not until the third paragraph that it's clear.   

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 13, 2023, 11:05:54 PMI bet the NXWM rota planners are hastily rewriting the rewritten rotas
No, everything as normal 

karl724223

Every body now happy they can watch veg web all day now claiming they've seen buses running in service 
6104 the latest victim 
Ps Monday 👍

Ginger66

The mayor as woken up and made a comment on his socials about the strike been suspended.    

If our mayor really cared he should help facilitate talks as a businessman/politician to help resolve the issue.  Come election day he might be shown the door.    He needs to work for his votes and helping get strike resolved might buy him seats, there again the tram farce might be against him.

Ginger66

Do you think the drivers/maintenance will accept or reject the deal

Rachvince53

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 14, 2023, 12:26:18 PMDo you think the drivers/maintenance will accept or reject the deal
Depends upon what conditions are attached to the offer and how militant the staff feel.

winston

Quote from: Ginger66 on March 14, 2023, 12:26:18 PMDo you think the drivers/maintenance will accept or reject the deal
I suspect it could get rejected, it seems like the offer has just been re-packaged I.e. higher increase in year 1 etc

PB50

Quote from: winston on March 14, 2023, 01:58:54 PMI suspect it could get rejected, it seems like the offer has just been re-packaged I.e. higher increase in year 1 etc
From what I've just heard the majority of Walsall drivers are rejecting it. It's not what they asked for so National Express need to change the offer else they will be striking come Monday.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: PB50 on March 14, 2023, 03:09:59 PMFrom what I've just heard the majority of Walsall drivers are rejecting it. It's not what they asked for so National Express need to change the offer else they will be striking come Monday.

Wonder what the other drivers think about it
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Rachvince53

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 14, 2023, 03:12:53 PMWonder what the other drivers think about it
One driver I spoke to yesterday in Wolverhampton said it wasn't just the pay but the management going back on terms and conditions agreed previously.

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 14, 2023, 03:12:53 PMWonder what the other drivers think about it
Haven't heard any mention at work in the Coventry garage but who knows. You'll find out Friday when the ballot is announced

The new offer is a 3 year deal which is a NO NO given recent events, Members of UNITE want  a 1 year deal back dated to pay anniversary jan 1st, The overtime rate currently in operation which started late 2021 when driver shortage started to bite, this time and quarter can be withdrawn at any time.
The new TERMS AND CONDITIONS are a joke to us older drivers.  

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2900 on March 14, 2023, 09:20:49 PMThe new offer is a 3 year deal which is a NO NO given recent events, Members of UNITE want  a 1 year deal back dated to pay anniversary jan 1st, The overtime rate currently in operation which started late 2021 when driver shortage started to bite, this time and quarter can be withdrawn at any time.
The new TERMS AND CONDITIONS are a joke to us older drivers. 
Sounds like its going to be a no from the drivers? :(
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Straightlines

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 14, 2023, 09:22:35 PMSounds like its going to be a no from the drivers? :(
Turkeys voting for Christmas!

PB2938

952A Rugeley
Via Great Barr,  Walsall, Cheslyn Hay, Cannock, Heath Hayes and Hednesford

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk