News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Strike Action

Started by monkeyjoe, December 14, 2022, 01:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 07:43:35 PMSo if at 0001 on the 20th they say no when will the stikes start
I think you need to re read the article

18WilliamsLi

No strike Thursday they have suspended it

MasterPlan

What does an 'all out' indefinite strike mean? Does that mean that the limited hospital services won't run either on 20th if no agreement is met?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on March 13, 2023, 08:06:47 PMWhat does an 'all out' indefinite strike mean? Does that mean that the limited hospital services won't run either on 20th if no agreement is met?
Limited hospital network was probably going to be ran by the small number of drivers not striking and not in the union.
And that will probably run on the 20th if it still goes ahead.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: 2206 on March 13, 2023, 08:08:30 PMLimited hospital network was probably going to be ran by the small number of drivers not striking and not in the union.
And that will probably run on the 20th if it still goes ahead.

No strike anymore

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 13, 2023, 08:09:37 PMNo strike anymore
There may be on the 20th if the offer is rejected.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: 2206 on March 13, 2023, 08:11:09 PMThere may be on the 20th if the offer is rejected.
The thing is how and when will the public be informed?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 08:13:57 PMThe thing is how and when will the public be informed?
Probably will be another article at some point in the next few days. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: winston on March 13, 2023, 07:36:46 PMThe strike is suspended after an improved pay offer:
https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2023/march/national-express-west-midlands-bus-strike-suspended-after-improved-pay-offer/

Great news, but I presume this 'improved' offer is the same one that Unite didn't put forward to their members.

The offer will hopefully be accepted and the strike action will be called off.

While Unite didn't get their 'all-out continuous' strike action they wanted, they'll still be able to paint themselves in a 'good light' in the media.

"It was us that done it!" and all that.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

j789

Quote from: Stu on March 13, 2023, 08:34:07 PMGreat news, but I presume this 'improved' offer is the same one that Unite didn't put forward to their members.

While Unite didn't get their 'all-out continuous' strike action they wanted, they'll still be able to paint themselves in a 'good light' in the media.

To be fair if this is the solution to an agreement then so be it. If anything here, no one loses face. The drivers got an improved deal, the unions will say from threatening strikes so they like good and NX haven't had meet the full  (rather ridiculous if the rumours were true) demands of the union. It's probably the best situation for all concerned and hopefully a deal is struck soon.

Now hopefully this news will be carried by the press asap to make people aware they can travel on Thursday.

metrocity

Quote from: j789 on March 13, 2023, 08:50:22 PMTo be fair if this is the solution to an agreement then so be it. If anything here, no one loses face. The drivers got an improved deal, the unions will say from threatening strikes so they like good and NX haven't had meet the full  (rather ridiculous if the rumours were true) demands of the union. It's probably the best situation for all concerned and hopefully a deal is struck soon.

Now hopefully this news will be carried by the press asap to make people aware they can travel on Thursday.
If there is no new offer and this actually an old offer which the drivers hadn't previously had the opportunity to vote on then its very embarrasing for the union !

winston

Quote from: Stu on March 13, 2023, 08:34:07 PMGreat news, but I presume this 'improved' offer is the same one that Unite didn't put forward to their members.

I'm not sure if it's the last offer now being put to the vote or whether it is actually an entirely new offer.

Straightlines

I hear it's a new offer with the first year being 14.3% 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 13, 2023, 07:43:35 PMSo if at 0001 on the 20th they say no when will the stikes start
From what Unite implies, if the increase is rejected, then the strike will start at midnight on Monday morning. 

the trainbasher

I bet the NXWM rota planners are hastily rewriting the rewritten rotas

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk