News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Strange workings on the SC 60 in COV today. The SC TT (pdf download) clearly shows the 60 should be calling at WSP on a Sunday but it's not happening. They seem to be going direct from St James Lane past the Binley Pk Inn to the hospital?

JPC

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 05, 2023, 12:52:36 PMStrange workings on the SC 60 in COV today. The SC TT (pdf download) clearly shows the 60 should be calling at WSP on a Sunday but it's not happening. They seem to be going direct from St James Lane past the Binley Pk Inn to the hospital?
Yes, did noticed on day one the Sunday journeys continued to operate the 'old' route, which makes sense as the NXC 3 didn't run on Sundays between WSP and UHCW previously, plus the Sunday 60 timetable is constrained for time so cannot afford to follow the longer 'new' route on Sundays.
As for the seemingly incorrect timetables, well that's up to the operator to get sorted as soon as possible, I have seen a complaint somewhere on social media so they should be aware.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: JPC on March 05, 2023, 03:24:32 PMYes, did noticed on day one the Sunday journeys continued to operate the 'old' route, which makes sense as the NXC 3 didn't run on Sundays between WSP and UHCW previously, plus the Sunday 60 timetable is constrained for time so cannot afford to follow the longer 'new' route on Sundays.
As for the seemingly incorrect timetables, well that's up to the operator to get sorted as soon as possible, I have seen a complaint somewhere on social media so they should be aware.
Thks for the info. Not calling at WSP on a Sunday is crazy as it is probably one of the busiest days of the week. All those lost fares.

Michael Bevan

Leamington MMC 11229 has been painted into the Stagecoach pride livery.

ellspurs

As noted in the link in the Arriva Leicester thread, from Sunday 16 April, the 48L is going to be renumbered 148 and integrated with Arriva's 158 between Leicester and Nuneaton.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: ellspurs on March 08, 2023, 06:09:08 PMAs noted in the link in the Arriva Leicester thread, from Sunday 16 April, the 48L is going to be renumbered 148 and integrated with Arriva's 158 between Leicester and Nuneaton.
Wonder if the 48C to Nuneaton/ coventry will drop the C now that the 48L is the 148
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Coventrybususer95

Anyone know if theres any plans on debranding or changing the 48 branded buses now that part of it has been changed ro the 148
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Joe

Some more Route changes on the Nuneaton depot network from 15th April.

55 (Nuneaton - Coventry) will be withdrawn and partly replaced between Bedworth & Coventry by the new 56B.

Route 48C along with the 48L will also be renumbered 148 every 10 minutes still between Nuneaton & Coventry but every 30 minutes the service will connect from Coventry to Leicester, like how the old 48 used to work before being split up in 2020.

48A believed to be unchanged number wise at the moment 

Nuneaton depot will also be running a new service in Hinckley numbered the 11 between Hinckley Bus Station & Hollycroft Grange at a frequency of every 30 minutes.

Link to all of the Warwickshire changes from Stagecoach's website: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-10/03/2023-10:02:19:920

Coventrybususer95

Nice to see another like to Leicester just hope they dont lose the gold mmcs

ellspurs

They'll lose them when they convert them to electric.

SSmith09

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 09, 2023, 08:40:38 PMAnyone know if theres any plans on debranding or changing the 48 branded buses now that part of it has been changed ro the 148
A number of the gold e200mmcs have been repainted with no route branding so hopefully the others will be debranded ahead of the changes

paulb1973

Quote from: Joe on March 10, 2023, 10:15:20 PMSome more Route changes on the Nuneaton depot network from 15th April.

55 (Nuneaton - Coventry) will be withdrawn and partly replaced between Bedworth & Coventry by the new 56B.

Route 48C along with the 48L will also be renumbered 148 every 10 minutes still between Nuneaton & Coventry but every 30 minutes the service will connect from Coventry to Leicester, like how the old 48 used to work before being split up in 2020.

Nuneaton depot will also be running a new service in Hinckley numbered the 11 between Hinckley Bus Station & Hollycroft Grange at a frequency of every 30 minutes.

Link to all of the Warwickshire changes from Stagecoach's website: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-10/03/2023-10:02:19:920
Looking at that link, do 7 (evening/Sunday) journeys commence from Pool Meadow or Trinity Street?

I suppose the replacement of service 55 eliminates a duplication of that service number - NXC have a '55' too, admittedly only a Schools service.

Stu

Quote from: paulb1973 on March 12, 2023, 10:27:25 AMLooking at that link, do 7 (evening/Sunday) journeys commence from Pool Meadow or Trinity Street?
It says on that page:
"Service 7 between Coventry and Brownshill Green will depart from Bay G in Pool Meadow bus station."

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

paulb1973

Quote from: Stu on March 12, 2023, 10:34:35 AMIt says on that page:
"Service 7 between Coventry and Brownshill Green will depart from Bay G in Pool Meadow bus station."

Yes, sorry, I was getting the 7 & 20A mixed up! In-fact they duplicate the NXC routes.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Joe on March 10, 2023, 10:15:20 PMSome more Route changes on the Nuneaton depot network from 15th April.

Link to all of the Warwickshire changes from Stagecoach's website: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-10/03/2023-10:02:19:920
Service 56 will continue to run between Coventry and Nuneaton via Bedworth. 
Will run 3 return journeys on service 20A Mon-Sat late evening.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk