News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: frostjay974 on March 07, 2023, 09:57:07 PMThe 12/12a should be re allocated to PN imo the Volvo b7s and e400 mmc suited them better
I dont understand why the 11 hadn't remained at walsall so the 12 wouldn't be displaced at PN
Walsall were struggling more than other garages due to acute driver shortages, I beleive reliability of the 11 had suffered as a result. PN had spare capacity following the the loss of Dudley area TfWM contracts (by not bidding) to Diamond.

PN now only have 3 x E400MMC's, I assume they will soon be joining the rest of the batch at AG.

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: winston on March 07, 2023, 10:08:20 PMWalsall were struggling more than other garages due to acute driver shortages, I beleive reliability of the 11 had suffered as a result. PN had spare capacity following the the loss of Dudley area TfWM contracts (by not bidding) to Diamond.

PN now only have 3 x E400MMC's, I assume they will soon be joining the rest of the batch at AG.
It's better for 1 garage to have the 12 as it make it more reliable as pensnet do nothing 

Jack

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 07, 2023, 10:26:03 PMIt's better for 1 garage to have the 12 as it make it more reliable as pensnet do nothing
As it is now with just WB doing them. When it was joint operated it was still usual to see buses missing with no relief.

PB50

Quote from: 2206 on March 07, 2023, 09:59:08 PMI'm sure whoever allocated the 12/12A to WB likely knows better. WB lost some routes recently 45/46/48 Northfield section, etc so presumably have more drivers and buses for the route.
And also it probably makes sense having whole route at one garage again.
I wonder if National Express will take back the 45 service from the 15th April when Diamond stop running it.

BK63 YWP

QuoteIt's better for 1 garage to have the 12 as it make it more reliable as pensnet do nothing
What do you mean pensnett do nothing? You seem to have forgotten the 12A, 13 and 13A was worked by both garages. I seem to recall seeing PN buses operating some of the services, so they did in fact did something... 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: BK63 YWP on March 08, 2023, 07:21:03 AMWhat do you mean pensnett do nothing? You seem to have forgotten the 12A, 13 and 13A was worked by both garages. I seem to recall seeing PN buses operating some of the services, so they did in fact did something...
They are always late and wait at bus stops and wait for west brom buses to overtake so they don't have to pick any passengers up

Wumpty

Quote from: 18WilliamsLi on March 08, 2023, 07:26:00 AMThey are always late and wait at bus stops and wait for west brom buses to overtake so they don't have to pick any passengers up
I'd be very interested to see what evidence you have to support this @18WilliamsLi - I very much doubt that any of these practices happen and would suggest that your perception is very much flawed.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Jack6101

Guessing there at wb for repairs 
Ex cov ( blue/white) gemini / 101 branded e400 and and possible Walsall platinum on front yard this morning at 6:30 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Tony

Quote from: Jack6101 on March 08, 2023, 09:33:27 AMGuessing there at wb for repairs
Ex cov ( blue/white) gemini / 101 branded e400 and and possible Walsall platinum on front yard this morning at 6:30
Will be there for MoT test

Lukeee

If their waiting at bus stops that would indicate that their waiting time and not running late

fleetline6477

I have read that from 16th April the 20 will be re-routes to serve Bromsgrove and replace the 144A. Does this mean that WB will be operating into Bromsgrove, if the 20 continues to interwork with the 48 at QEH? 

D10

Yes, that's right, WB garage to operate the route, still interworking with he 48

Westy

Does that make WB the garage with the largest operating area?

18WilliamsLi

Quote from: Westy on March 29, 2023, 09:01:51 PMDoes that make WB the garage with the largest operating area?
Possibly

Quote from: Westy on March 29, 2023, 09:01:51 PMDoes that make WB the garage with the largest operating area?
Stretches from Bromsgrove to Wolverhampton area with the 703/751/X8 workings and to Sutton Coldfield on the WB 5. So a sizeable operating area at least.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk