News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBS

4 and 4A using Golden Hillock Road due to a police incident on Warwick Road Sparkhill.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

EK40

X3/X4/X5 all not going down birmingham road practically all day instead going down chester road after erdington through boldmere then jockey road to resume normal route

ellspurs

Quote from: EK40 on March 06, 2023, 07:31:51 PMX3/X4/X5 all not going down birmingham road practically all day instead going down chester road after erdington through boldmere then jockey road to resume normal route
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/traffic-chaos-birmingham-road-sutton-26401051

Sewage leak.

Westy

I gather part of Broad Lane in Bloxwich is blocked due to roadworks(Looking at Bustimes.org earlier, appears no service on Turnberry as a consequence!).

The reason I flag this up, is both me & sister were waiting for a 9 in Bloxwich (she going to work in Wednesfield, me tagging along & carrying on to Wolverhampton!),the 920 arrival failed,  so we had to wait for the 950 arrival instead, making sister 10 minutes late for work), and there were elderly people waiting for an X51, which didn't serve the stop in Wolverhampton Road, going straight up the High Street and Stafford Road instead. 

I wasn't sure whether the X51 would serve the High Street stop instead (the 32 stop), so my sister advised them to go back to Elmore Row instead, as it would definitely serve that stop.

There was no notice at the Wolverhampton Road stop advising of the diversion though!

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on March 06, 2023, 11:07:20 PMI gather part of Broad Lane in Bloxwich is blocked due to roadworks(Looking at Bustimes.org earlier, appears no service on Turnberry as a consequence!).

The reason I flag this up, is both me & sister were waiting for a 9 in Bloxwich (she going to work in Wednesfield, me tagging along & carrying on to Wolverhampton!),the 920 arrival failed,  so we had to wait for the 950 arrival instead, making sister 10 minutes late for work), and there were elderly people waiting for an X51, which didn't serve the stop in Wolverhampton Road, going straight up the High Street and Stafford Road instead.

I wasn't sure whether the X51 would serve the High Street stop instead (the 32 stop), so my sister advised them to go back to Elmore Row instead, as it would definitely serve that stop.

There was no notice at the Wolverhampton Road stop advising of the diversion though!
Have they sorted this out now?

Broad Lane is showing as closed from the Long Lane junction to Springhill Farm Feeds. My colleague had to get to Cheslyn Hay, and said he went up Broad Lane and it was open up to the Turnberry Road junction (he had to go down there and divert around a different way). They put the signs at the end of the road and didn't bother to indicate how far up it was closed at.

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on March 09, 2023, 02:54:55 PMHave they sorted this out now?

Broad Lane is showing as closed from the Long Lane junction to Springhill Farm Feeds. My colleague had to get to Cheslyn Hay, and said he went up Broad Lane and it was open up to the Turnberry Road junction (he had to go down there and divert around a different way). They put the signs at the end of the road and didn't bother to indicate how far up it was closed at.
Dunno, as I haven't been up there for a few days, or checked Bustimes.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 03:58:42 PMDunno, as I haven't been up there for a few days, or checked Bustimes.

Quote from: ellspurs on March 09, 2023, 02:54:55 PMHave they sorted this out now?

According to one.network the road is closed until 24th March 2023.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 03:58:42 PMDunno, as I haven't been up there for a few days, or checked Bustimes.

The X51 isn't diverted and hasn't been. I am currently sst on 6737 on Turnberry Road 

karl724223

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2023, 04:38:03 PMThe X51 isn't diverted and hasn't been. I am currently sst on 6737 on Turnberry Road
Give westy and his sister a wave 

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on March 09, 2023, 04:45:28 PMGive westy and his sister a wave
Don't give up the day job!

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2023, 04:38:03 PMThe X51 isn't diverted and hasn't been. I am currently sst on 6737 on Turnberry Road
So 'cock up' by the driver the other day then?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 05:19:42 PMSo 'cock up' by the driver the other day then?
No, I very much doubt that. You didn't even see it just going off a tracker

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2023, 05:35:47 PMNo, I very much doubt that. You didn't even see it just going off a tracker
Strange it never appeared, as we (& the other parties involved!) were there from approx 910am through to 950am!

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 05:40:26 PMStrange it never appeared, as we (& the other parties involved!) were there from approx 910am through to 950am!
It might have had to run back out of service or anything. Just because you automatically want to blame the driver. If you see the threads on the strike you will see drivers getting blamed for anything by passengers is one of their complaints. 6737 has just had two windows in the upper saloon kicked out by a group of youths on the way to Cannock, so will go back straight down the A34 on Bustimes (with no passengers on). It should have operated the 17:12 from Cannock.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk