News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

2915 on 61 to city at around 1415 turned right down Pebble Mill Road then left and followed the 45/47 all the way to the Bus Mall. Didn't see anything on the 61 / 63 coming out of town.

BrumKev86

Seems the 60 is on diversion seems to be going down Golden Hillock Road, not sure of the actual diversion and why it's being diverted. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Rachvince53

Quote from: BrumKev86 on February 05, 2023, 05:20:16 PMSeems the 60 is on diversion seems to be going down Golden Hillock Road, not sure of the actual diversion and why it's being diverted.
Could be congestion in Coventry Road, Small Heath.  I've checked the AA/RAC and TfWM and nothing reported so that's the only thing I can think of

The driver on 7523 on the X2 told passengers this morning in advance that they've been told Coventry Road at Swan Island is likely to be closed in the days ahead and that passengers might have to wait at the stop at the Job Centre in future. And the 7.39 will start from there
Does anyone have any more information/the official diversion? Are they going to be using the underpass?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 06, 2023, 10:44:54 AMThe driver on 7523 on the X2 told passengers this morning in advance that they've been told Coventry Road at Swan Island is likely to be closed in the days ahead and that passengers might have to wait at the stop at the Job Centre in future. And the 7.39 will start from there
Does anyone have any more information/the official diversion? Are they going to be using the underpass?
It's on the TfWM website: https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?mode=bus

You cannot view this attachment.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on February 06, 2023, 06:52:14 PMIt's on the TfWM website: https://disruptions.tfwm.org.uk/?mode=bus

You cannot view this attachment.
Thankyou for that. Will be strange  using the underpass, as i've never seen that used in service before. Does this affect the Stagecoach A9/Diamond A16 to?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Quote from: 2206 on February 06, 2023, 07:37:55 PMThankyou for that. Will be strange  using the underpass, as i've never seen that used in service before. Does this affect the Stagecoach A9/Diamond A16 to?
Although there is no information on either service, both will be diverted as the eastbound slip road on to the A45 at Swan Village will be closed. I can suggest you use bustimes.org to track the buses on the A9/A16. 

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on February 06, 2023, 07:37:55 PMThankyou for that. Will be strange  using the underpass, as i've never seen that used in service before. Does this affect the Stagecoach A9/Diamond A16 to?
Well one would assume so as they use the same road, however it would seem neither Diamond or Stagecoach have reported details to TfWM yet. I don't know what time this diversion starts, but journeys have been running as normal today.

I would imagine that the A9 would divert via Yew Tree Lane and Rowlands Road, while the A16 would continue along Coventry Road and turn around at Heybarnes Circus, then return via the Swan Island underpass.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Looks like an issue on Green Lane in Walsall as I've just seen a 69 going up the Bloxwich Road, checking Bustimes.org shows diversion via Leamore,  doubling back to Stephenson Avenue & picking up route from there. 

Obviously affecting the 70/70a as well.

PB50

Quote from: Westy on February 13, 2023, 07:06:23 AMLooks like an issue on Green Lane in Walsall as I've just seen a 69 going up the Bloxwich Road, checking Bustimes.org shows diversion via Leamore,  doubling back to Stephenson Avenue & picking up route from there.

Obviously affecting the 70/70a as well.
Road works apparently from what National Express saying on twitter this morning.

ellspurs

The Radio 2 Traffic update this morning said there was emergency gas works going on at Upper Green Lane.

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on February 13, 2023, 04:46:48 PMThe Radio 2 Traffic update this morning said there was emergency gas works going on at Upper Green Lane.
Blimey,  important enough for Radio 2!

ellspurs

Quote from: Westy on February 13, 2023, 06:46:35 PMBlimey,  important enough for Radio 2!
I know, they usually spend most of the report warbling about Scotland or Manchester, before suddenly jumping down to London.

And that is with someone from Smethwick reading the report out in the mornings!

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on February 13, 2023, 07:03:22 PMI know, they usually spend most of the report warbling about Scotland or Manchester, before suddenly jumping down to London.

And that is with someone from Smethwick reading the report out in the mornings!
I met him, when he was working for Wm, as he was the reporter they sent out the morning after the Wednesbury burst water main a few years ago!

Roy

It would appear that nobody has told the Wolverhampton drivers on service 15A today that Bromley Lane in Kingswinford reopened on Friday afternoon.  Both 6759 and 6958 have just used the long (and confusing) diversionary route on the 1230 services from Merry Hill and Wolverhampton respectively which means that they are getting later and later.  Most services yesterday had returned to normal route, while the Diamond 226A services today are following their normal route. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk