News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on January 16, 2023, 10:34:16 AMNoticed this  morning a temporary stop is now in place for the overnight diversion and for passengers to interchange between the BC 94/95 and PB 14/8 on Aston Church Road.

Also in addition to the 94/95 diversion Heartland Parkway, Aston Church Road due to severe congestion. Saw the 14 using Highfield Road and Washwood Heath Road.
Ah, I wondered if they were going to put a stop up as the signs on the bus stops say to catch a 14 and connect with 94/95 at Aston Church Road.

14 is on a long diversion today. Saltley Viaduct, Washwood Heath Road, Fox & Goose, Stechford Lane, NLR.
Strange seeing the PB buses on the Washwood Heath Road. Including an Omnilink on that road for the first time in ages. 1896 which I caught into the City.
Alum Rock Road is closed at Saltley Gate, guess Highfield Road which they were using yesterday has been deemed unsuitable, so the routes been changed?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on January 17, 2023, 06:06:09 PM14 is on a long diversion today. Saltley Viaduct, Washwood Heath Road, Fox & Goose, Stechford Lane, NLR.
Strange seeing the PB buses on the Washwood Heath Road. Including an Omnilink on that road for the first time in ages. one. 1896 which I caught into the City.
Alum Rock Road is closed at Saltley Gate, guess Highfield Road which they were using yesterday has been deemed unsuitable, so the routes been changed?
The ol' Bromford Bridge bus, 26, used to go up Highfield Road. I've just looked down there on Google maps. Man, the traffic wardens would make a killing down there. The number of vehicles parked up on a kerb or on double yellows is unfathomable.

Gareth

Quote from: 2206 on January 17, 2023, 06:06:09 PM14 is on a long diversion today. Saltley Viaduct, Washwood Heath Road, Fox & Goose, Stechford Lane, NLR.
Strange seeing the PB buses on the Washwood Heath Road. Including an Omnilink on that road for the first time in ages. 1896 which I caught into the City.
Alum Rock road isn't closed at Saltley gate. There's a small roadwork at the bottom end that means city bound traffic have to use the other side of the road, hence the traffic lights at all junctions to try and limit the flow going onto Alum Rock road.

Quote from: Gareth on January 17, 2023, 08:50:32 PMAlum Rock road isn't closed at Saltley gate. There's a small roadwork at the bottom end that means city bound traffic have to use the other side of the road, hence the traffic lights at all junctions to try and limit the flow going onto Alum Rock road.
When I went past on 1896 it was closed off and the traffic lights were turned off.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I did wonder how long it would be in place for. And just found TFWM say road closure remains in place until Saturday.
West Midlands Roads on Twitter: "#ROADWORKS Alum Rock Road will be closed from Washwood Heath Road to Highfield Road for @stwater works, from Tuesday 17 until Saturday 21 January. https://t.co/pKKdKLYa8x" / Twitter

So the 14 diversion is likely to be in place till then I guess.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Gareth

Expecting a diversion this morning, I detoured to the stop before Aston Church Road for my 05.45 95 to go straight down Washwood Heath Road and over the viaduct. What's the betting if I use my normal stop, it'll go down Aston Church Road!

14 resumed normal line of route this morning shortly after the morning peak. Alum Rock Road open in both directions now. After several days closure.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack6101

Just a quick question will buses in Dudley that use castle hill be going back to normal from tommorow When road open back up towards town ? Or will they still be using Trindle road in both directions ? 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

monkeyjoe

It's seems like kids of causing similar issues like in Walsall. They are throwing bricks at buses around the interchange etc. Heard a few buses ie 72s etc have had windows smashed. 3rd night in a row.

ellspurs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 23, 2023, 06:43:04 PMIt's seems like kids of causing similar issues like in Walsall. They are throwing bricks at buses around the interchange etc. Heard a few buses ie 72s etc have had windows smashed. 3rd night in a row.
I assume Chelmsley but... Chelmsley, Tile Cross, Solihull?

monkeyjoe

Chelmsley wood interchange is all I heard but it could mean the terminus too ie Chester rd / Yorkshire drive

BrumKev86

Quote from: monkeyjoe on January 23, 2023, 06:43:04 PMIt's seems like kids of causing similar issues like in Walsall. They are throwing bricks at buses around the interchange etc. Heard a few buses ie 72s etc have had windows smashed. 3rd night in a row.
Saw a post on a local Facebook group last night saying they were upto 30 youths in Balaclavas and Hoods causing mayhem at Chelmsley Wood Interchange, stoning buses and abusing drivers.If this is the third night in a row, what are police going to do about it. I believe there was a police presence last night once it was reported but we it's always after they have gone. How long will it be before National Express and other bus companies say they won't serve Chelmsley Wood Interchange after a certain time
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Westy

529 on diversion through Bentley again towards Wolverhampton. 

(After 2 weeks of normal route!)

14 on diversion this afternoon in both directions Washwood Heath Road, Highfield Road, Alum Rock Road. 
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk