News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rachvince53

Quote from: karl724223 on January 03, 2023, 05:56:10 PMBrierley hill high st road works for two years are due to start tomorrow bus acces for the 2/6/x10 will be one way to Dudley/gornal only to merry hill and Stourbridge will use the by pass from level  st  temp stops on level st by car park and the collage on by pass  good luck
This work is starting tomorrow however diversions apparently started today (article in Express and Star newspaper website). 
The work will start southbound (towards Amblecote) and then switch to the other side - presumably the direction of bus diversions will switch too.

Westy

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 05:11:22 AMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/willenhall-fire-emergency-services-close-25955821

Presumably this will affect Walsall 37, as well as Diamond 326.
It'll have a knock on effect on 41/529 and other services in Willenhall with the increased traffic in the area too.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on January 12, 2023, 06:50:52 AMIt'll have a knock on effect on 41/529 and other services in Willenhall with the increased traffic in the area too.
Just looked at a 37 journey on Bustimes.org & it doesn't seem to be affected for some reason. 

I'll have another look at that and the 326 later.

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 07:00:39 AMJust looked at a 37 journey on Bustimes.org & it doesn't seem to be affected for some reason.

I'll have another look at that and the 326 later.
Just had another look & it looks like the 326 is diverted via Bentley & County Bridge while the 37 is going to Ashmore Lake island then doubling back to Willenhall then going via 529 route to Churchill Road then normal route.

BrumKev86

Just read an accident on Hobs Moat Road with junction with Old Lode Lane involving vehicle and pedestrian. Looking at Bus times it seems the 73 and X2 are missing out Old Lode Lane completely so don't know whether accident is on that road. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 07:53:36 AMJust had another look & it looks like the 326 is diverted via Bentley & County Bridge while the 37 is going to Ashmore Lake island then doubling back to Willenhall then going via 529 route to Churchill Road then normal route.
According to the E & S website & confirmed by someone I used to work with, who works there, it's the Midland Foods depot on Stringes Lane.

Not far from Powertrain.

Westy

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 10:42:14 AMAccording to the E & S website & confirmed by someone I used to work with, who works there, it's the Midland Foods depot on Stringes Lane.

Not far from Powertrain.
Diversion now revised with 37 serving Bentley loop coming up Clarkes Lane first, while 326 is partly using Lucknow Road and coming onto Lane Head main road further up instead.

According to Bustimes.org. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 10:42:14 AMAccording to the E & S website & confirmed by someone I used to work with, who works there, it's the Midland Foods depot on Stringes Lane.

Not far from Powertrain.
Around 100 people work there according to the same article. Fortunately it seems no one was hurt. 

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 12:09:25 PMDiversion now revised with 37 serving Bentley loop coming up Clarkes Lane first, while 326 is partly using Lucknow Road and coming onto Lane Head main road further up instead.

According to Bustimes.org.

Update, 326 now following 37 diversion via Clarkes Lane to/from  Lane Head.

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 12, 2023, 03:59:56 PMUpdate, 326 now following 37 diversion via Clarkes Lane to/from  Lane Head.
Well the delayed 1536 from Bilston didn't!

It was normal route then to turn left at St Annes Road, Monmer Road, then Ashmore Lake Way to the island, then normal route, but you could only go one way up Sandbeds Road!

Interesting diversion for the 69, if you look at Twitter & Bustimes.org between Walsall & New Invention!

All I'm gonna say on that is 'Charming', if you have a rough idea where I live!

Rachvince53

Quote from: Westy on January 12, 2023, 05:13:40 PMWell the delayed 1536 from Bilston didn't!

It was normal route then to turn left at St Annes Road, Monmer Road, then Ashmore Lake Way to the island, then normal route, but you could only go one way up Sandbeds Road!

Interesting diversion for the 69, if you look at Twitter & Bustimes.org between Walsall & New Invention!

All I'm gonna say on that is 'Charming', if you have a rough idea where I live!
Your driver was the exception as all the others used Clarkes Lane!  I agree that the 69 diversion wasn't very good.

Westy

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 12, 2023, 08:25:15 PMYour driver was the exception as all the others used Clarkes Lane!  I agree that the 69 diversion wasn't very good.
To be honest,  they said they tried to contact the depot for guidance earlier that morning, but couldn't get through, so had to make their own decision on the diversion based on what they were told by the emergency services.

Think they said they ended up by J10 at one point!

To my knowledge, that's the furthest off route the 69 has ever been.(It has previously diverted, due to roadworks, via Dudleys Fields!)

Noticed this  morning a temporary stop is now in place for the overnight diversion and for passengers to interchange between the BC 94/95 and PB 14/8 on Aston Church Road.

Also in addition to the 94/95 diversion Heartland Parkway, Aston Church Road due to severe congestion. Saw the 14 using Highfield Road and Washwood Heath Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rachvince53

Cannock Road,  Wolverhampton will be closed in both directions from 23rd Jan to 14 June 2023. The closure is between Victoria Road and the Bushbury Road/Raynor Road traffic lights. Diversion is via Victoria Road and Bushbury Road. This will effect NX and Let's Go 11 plus Chaserider 70.  
The work is Water mains replacement by Severn Trent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk