News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: metrocity on January 09, 2023, 08:42:24 PMSame today with the A9. Gaps of an hour plus. It's a busy service but won't be for much longer
The Solihull - Journeys End/ The Lyndon - Yarldey bit which is the traditional 58 bit is busy paticularly. Driver said 7.26 ex Kingshurst had 40 people on this morning at one point on Lode Lane and is busy with people going into Solihull/Lode Heath school kids etc.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 09, 2023, 11:17:45 AMMakes you wonder if they have bitten off more then they can chew with the new tenders being ran from rugby
SC have tweeted this am that a no of 41 & 46 services will not run today. "due too circumstances beyond .........."
Stagecoach Midlands (@StagecoachMids) / Twitter

MasterPlan

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 10, 2023, 09:24:04 AMSC have tweeted this am that a no of 41 & 46 services will not run today. "due too circumstances beyond .........."

At this stage you have to wonder what is under their control.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Tony

QuoteSC have tweeted this am that a no of 41 & 46 services will not run today. "due too circumstances beyond .........."
Only one bus showing on the 169 as well

Secondary trigger 28

It seems as though all there drivers have gone to drive the A9 as all the A9 routes seem to be running normal today with no  vehicles missing. 

Coventrybususer95

Would it not be easier to sub contract the routes till they have enough drivers/ a depot in brum 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

bususer28

Card readers seem to be rejecting nBus tickets once again, at least on the 46 anyway. They did work for a short while at the end of last week so who knows what's going on!

ellspurs

Stagecoach's twitter feed is just full of "Due to circumstances beyond our control the following services will not be running:"

MW

Quote from: ellspurs on January 10, 2023, 04:46:01 PMStagecoach's twitter feed is just full of "Due to circumstances beyond our control the following services will not be running:"

Circumstances are fully within Stagecoach's control.

Steveminor

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on January 10, 2023, 10:04:03 AMWould it not be easier to sub contract the routes till they have enough drivers/ a depot in brum
Or not bid on work they cannot operate 

Stu

I know its been only just over a week since they took over these services, but how long would it take TfWM to deem Stagecoach in breach of their contract terms and conditions and retender these contracts?

I'm not saying I want this to happen of course. I do hope that Stagecoach get their act together fairly soon and sort things out, but I hope that whoever is responsible for bidding on these contracts is held accountable and takes ownership of the issues in order to get them resolved.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

QuoteI know its been only just over a week since they took over these services, but how long would it take TfWM to deem Stagecoach in breach of their contract terms and conditions and retender these contracts?

I'm not saying I want this to happen of course. I do hope that Stagecoach get their act together fairly soon and sort things out, but I hope that whoever is responsible for bidding on these contracts is held accountable and takes ownership of the issues in order to get them resolved.
I bet the person in Stockport has never heard of places like Kingshurst

suavegarv

Quote from: Steveminor on January 10, 2023, 06:38:18 PMOr not bid on work they cannot operate
...or awarded to a local operator with a much smaller "dead mileage carbon footprint".

Jack D

Last A9 to kingshurst didn't run

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2023, 06:59:36 PMI bet the person in Stockport has never heard of places like Kingshurst
I bet the person in Stockport isn't very popular with Stagecoach Midlands management...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk