News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Has anyone seen how they're doing driver changeovers? I know Nuneaton have got buses constantly running out of service between Nuneaton and Coventry. I can't imagine any other way than doing the same between Rugby and Birmingham.

MW

Quote from: ellspurs on January 07, 2023, 03:07:03 PMHas anyone seen how they're doing driver changeovers? I know Nuneaton have got buses constantly running out of service between Nuneaton and Coventry. I can't imagine any other way than doing the same between Rugby and Birmingham.

There's a Ford Transit minibus which is almost always parked in Solihull Station. Presumably used to ferry drivers in between depot and Solihull and remains parked for drivers to use during breaks.

Rachvince53

Quote from: MW on January 07, 2023, 03:10:05 PMThere's a Ford Transit minibus which is almost always parked in Solihull Station. Presumably used to ferry drivers in between depot and Solihull and remains parked for drivers to use during breaks.
That's highly likely. I believe Diamond used to do something similar at one time.

markcf83

Quote from: MW on January 07, 2023, 03:10:05 PMThere's a Ford Transit minibus which is almost always parked in Solihull Station. Presumably used to ferry drivers in between depot and Solihull and remains parked for drivers to use during breaks.
Having been in Solihull this time last week I can confirm that is exactly what it's used for.... 
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

BBS

QuoteThere's a Ford Transit minibus which is almost always parked in Solihull Station. Presumably used to ferry drivers in between depot and Solihull and remains parked for drivers to use during breaks.
What about for 41/46 since they don't go solihull 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Solo1

Quote from: BBS on January 07, 2023, 07:13:27 PMWhat about for 41/46 since they don't go solihull
Driver could do 169 Change at kings heath do 46 & change again at qe to do 41 at qe  have 30 min break there

ellspurs

Or possibly there's another minibus at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Has anyone seen one kicking around there?

Solo1

Quote from: ellspurs on January 08, 2023, 09:13:51 AMOr possibly there's another minibus at Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Has anyone seen one kicking around there?
True 

Jack D

Nothing tracking in Birmingham today apart from 2 A9

Solo1

Quote from: Jack D on January 08, 2023, 12:27:01 PMNothing tracking in Birmingham today apart from 2 A9
One on 46 

MW

Quote from: Jack D on January 08, 2023, 12:27:01 PMNothing tracking in Birmingham today apart from 2 A9

Probably not running. They seem to be having some teething problems.

winston

2 on the 46 now, one in service, another is parked up on the A45 by Birmingham Aiport

Wumpty

Quote from: don on January 06, 2023, 10:57:19 PMAre we sure this isn't a national campaign? The Stagecoach ads are on radio in the south east also, majoring on the £2 max single fare and quoting the Government initiative to assist with the cost of living.

Potentially - unsure of who their ad agency is - though they do seem to be concentrating in certain areas, with some non-target overspill into other TSA's.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

I hope it is bad tracking, but on both Bustimes and Stagecoach's own tracker there's currently only 1 bus on the 41, 2 on the 46 and 3 on the A9

winston

Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2023, 09:15:04 AMI hope it is bad tracking, but on both Bustimes and Stagecoach's own tracker there's currently only 1 bus on the 41, 2 on the 46 and 3 on the A9
There's 4 tracking on the A9 now + 2 on the 169

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk