News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

Does anybody know why the 69 was renumbered to 169? Is there a point behind it?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2023, 10:38:39 AMIt'll be interesting to see which frequencies those ads are on.

I guess they are only on Birmingham & Coventry Dab & Fm  as there's no point
on the Wolves Dab & Fm?
Quote from: the trainbasher on January 03, 2023, 10:52:43 AMWhich station out of interest?

Currently playing on Greatest Hits radio across Brum 105.2FM, across Black Country & Shropshire on 107.7/107.4FM as fillers and all DAB.

Due to launch, if not already on Capital, Heart & Smooth across the Midlands.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Quote from: Wumpty on January 03, 2023, 11:34:13 AMCurrently playing on Greatest Hits radio across Brum 105.2FM, across Black Country & Shropshire on 107.7/107.4FM as fillers and all DAB.

Due to launch, if not already on Capital, Heart & Smooth across the Midlands.
As Stagecoach currently have no routes outside Brum & Coventry, I'm surprised ad time was bought on the Wolves/Shropshire transmitters!

Wumpty

Quote from: Westy on January 03, 2023, 03:30:08 PMAs Stagecoach currently have no routes outside Brum & Coventry, I'm surprised ad time was bought on the Wolves/Shropshire transmitters!
They wouldn't necessarily buy airtime for BC&S - if there's a timing gap and the Stagecoach ad fits (e.g. 36" gap and it's a 34-36" ad, and it's a neighbour fit station, then they'll drop it in. Bearing in mind that their definition of the Black Country stretches as far down as the Halesowen/M5 J3 border!).

Saying that, they could've dropped this as an add-on for £XXX as a way to sell slow airtime.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on January 03, 2023, 11:19:39 AMDoes anybody know why the 69 was renumbered to 169? Is there a point behind it?
Probably to differentiate it from the withdrawn 69, as the route is not quite the same.

I'm baffled as to why TfWM chose this though, especially considering all the moves in recent years to 'simplify' route numbers.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on January 03, 2023, 06:40:59 PMProbably to differentiate it from the withdrawn 69, as the route is not quite the same.

I'm baffled as to why TfWM chose this though, especially considering all the moves in recent years to 'simplify' route numbers.

They were going to renumber it the '25' but I glared at them too much.

r700a

Looks like the drivers are struggling on the 46. I think there's a closure on Redhill Rd which doesn't help, so diverting around it is probably difficult as they don't know the area well.

https://bustimes.org/services/46-kings-heath-qe-hospital/vehicles?date=2023-01-04#journeys/362076320

Stevo

Most of the Stagecoach E200s are in the new livery. It's very strange to see them come past my house on the new A9. Local bus stop signs in Olton still say 58.

Secondary trigger 28

It's been 3 days in a row where the 7:26 A9 to illshaw heath hasn't turned up. Had  to wait an  hour for the  next bus.

BrumKev86

Seen on the TFWM website when you look at the A9 timetable it has a warning that due to driver availability that services could be cancelled at short notice. Mentions all the new Birmingham and Solihull routes and the 51 and 7 Coventry Route. They have not even been running it a week!. Shouldn't be mega surprised, my sister has had more bus no shows on the 87/88 getting to Knowle under stagecoach than Johnsons and Diamond.

https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_390A9_%20_H_y11_1-1
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Secondary trigger 28

It's strange how stagecoach still took these 3 new routes even though  they were struggling  to cope with driver shortage already.

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on January 06, 2023, 10:06:30 PMIt's strange how stagecoach still took these 3 new routes even though  they were struggling  to cope with driver shortage already.
Wonder if its anything to do with the new owners trying to gain new opportunities without knowing how many drivers they have 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

don

Quote from: Wumpty on January 03, 2023, 03:35:01 PMThey wouldn't necessarily buy airtime for BC&S - if there's a timing gap and the Stagecoach ad fits (e.g. 36" gap and it's a 34-36" ad, and it's a neighbour fit station, then they'll drop it in. Bearing in mind that their definition of the Black Country stretches as far down as the Halesowen/M5 J3 border!).

Saying that, they could've dropped this as an add-on for £XXX as a way to sell slow airtime.

Are we sure this isn't a national campaign? The Stagecoach ads are on radio in the south east also, majoring on the £2 max single fare and quoting the Government initiative to assist with the cost of living. 

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on January 06, 2023, 10:06:30 PMIt's strange how stagecoach still took these 3 new routes even though  they were struggling  to cope with driver shortage already.

Presumably the resources were already available from Rugby - at the end of the day its M6 J1 to J4 running dead, not a massive length (although obviously that could be subject to delays when there's disruption). 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

ellspurs

Quote from: don on January 06, 2023, 10:57:19 PMPresumably the resources were already available from Rugby - at the end of the day its M6 J1 to J4 running dead, not a massive length (although obviously that could be subject to delays when there's disruption).
The ones I've looked at on bustimes have ran up the a45 to m42 j6 when coming from Rugby.

Tony

QuoteThe ones I've looked at on bustimes have ran up the a45 to m42 j6 when coming from Rugby.
I believe the drivers have been told they cannot use the M6

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk