News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

1837 Simulator bus

Started by Tony, December 02, 2022, 06:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

1837 the bus with the driver simulator fitted will be making its first full public appearance next Friday (9/12/22). It will be parked in Bull Yard Coventry most of the day as part of a recruitment campaign

Tony

Quote1837 the bus with the driver simulator fitted will be making its first full public appearance next Friday (9/12/22). It will be parked in Bull Yard Coventry most of the day as part of a recruitment campaign
More details
 Facebook

Stu

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Wumpty

@Tony what was the donor vehicle that gave the interior simulator controls, assuming that it was from an old bus? Is it a Volvo interior on this Scania?
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Tony

Quote@Tony what was the donor vehicle that gave the interior simulator controls, assuming that it was from an old bus? Is it a Volvo interior on this Scania?
All new, no donor vehicle, although it looks Volvo

Wba_lad

Just seen 1837 outside West Bromwich bus station, possibly heading to West Brom garage.

Wba_lad

Just saw 1837 in West Bromwich, haven't seen this one for some time, it still has a vault ticket machine and printer any ideas why I doubt it will be used again. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on June 11, 2024, 08:34:56 AMJust saw 1837 in West Bromwich, haven't seen this one for some time, it still has a vault ticket machine and printer any ideas why I doubt it will be used again.
Could be training for that as I don't think the Training Fleet have any of that. So maybe whilst they wait for the simulator the new drivers could train and practice how to print of a ticket.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk