News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Mobico Group (formerly NX Group)

Started by winston, March 06, 2013, 08:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

The latest issue of CBW as an article about NX coach's trailing wingless coaches.  But this tech is not really new as NX already uses it on its bus fleet. 

metrocity

Quote from: Tony on May 07, 2020, 10:13:26 AM"The reason we have therefore pursued this Placing is because, while there are still uncertain times ahead, we are also increasingly being presented with new opportunities to secure future growth. Customers and competitors are approaching us to see if we would like additional work in the future."
What happened to the £235 million equity fund raising from April 2020 that was meant to be used for post Covid opportunities out of interest?

It would be good to see NX grow in the UK bus market but with the shrinkage in the Midlands and exit of Dundee it appears to be heading in the opposite direction

winston

Quote from: metrocity on December 12, 2022, 08:58:29 PMWhat happened to the £235 million equity fund raising from April 2020 that was meant to be used for post Covid opportunities out of interest?

It would be good to see NX grow in the UK bus market but with the shrinkage in the Midlands and exit of Dundee it appears to be heading in the opposite direction
It appears it was only used to pay down debt. 

NX obviously took on the former Yellow Buses depot in Bournemouth, but only the lease as it's owned by the council IIRC - not sure there's still many coaches based there. 

The NX shareprice was £4.40+ before the 2020 Covid crash, now it's barely above £1.50 & there's 20% more shares in issue now since that fundraising. 

The new CEO doesn't seem to have done a lot to date, been in the post over 2 years now.

winston

NX Group shares not so long ago down 7% on the day, recorded a 12 month low of 142.8p, NX Group Mkcap has now fallen to circa £875 million

winston

NX Group shares still heading south setting new 24 month lows on profit growth & debt concerns following two Broker downgrades Thurs & Friday last week.

NX Group is currently in danger of losing it's No 1 spot for most valuable UK listed Transport Group to First Group:

NX Mkcap £785 million @ 128.4p/share
First Group Mkcap £764 million @ 102.3p/share

winston

NX Group have won a 10 year contract to operate two German rail lines RE1 & RE11 Rhein-Ruhr-Express (RRX) that they've been operating on an emergency contract since Feb 2022:
https://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/media/news-releases/2023/1-billion-german-rail-contract-award/

winston

NX Group has lost its No 1 spot for the most valuable UK listed Transport Group to First Group after falling 6% today:

NX Mkcap £785.4 million @ 127.9p/share
First Group Mkcap £835.7 million @ 111.4p/share

NX was worth £2 Billion+ MkCap before the ill fated Covid Cash call & has paid no shareholder dividends in 3 years.

winston

NX Group shares still heading south setting new 24 month lows

NX Mkcap now under £750 million @ 121p/share

https://www.defenseworld.net/2023/02/23/national-express-group-lonnex-reaches-new-52-week-low-at-123-00.html

Sandy Lane

Quote from: winston on February 22, 2023, 11:13:58 AMNX Group shares still heading south setting new 24 month lows

NX Mkcap now under £750 million @ 121p/share

https://www.defenseworld.net/2023/02/23/national-express-group-lonnex-reaches-new-52-week-low-at-123-00.html

Hopefully NX Group will sort themselves out.

I think they need to claw back routes lost to SC with some aggressive business plans - just like SC are doing to other operators.

Take Coventry as an example. NXC recently gave up on running the 3 from WSP to the hospital and this was a bad business mistake in my view. The SC 60 that replaced it is doing quite well in pass no's from what I see. Modern comfy buses and drivers generally are polite & helpful. If it carries on this way demand could need a 30 min frequency in my view? NXC should never had let this happen and should fight to run the 60 if they want to survive. I wonder if NXC has gone soft on their home patch?

Sorry for the rant and not ment to wind people up.

winston

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 27, 2023, 02:47:13 PMHopefully NX Group will sort themselves out.

I think they need to claw back routes lost to SC with some aggressive business plans - just like SC are doing to other operators.

Take Coventry as an example. NXC recently gave up on running the 3 from WSP to the hospital and this was a bad business mistake in my view. The SC 60 that replaced it is doing quite well in pass no's from what I see. Modern comfy buses and drivers generally are polite & helpful. It it carries on this way demand could need a 30 min frequency in my view? NXC should never had let this happen and should fight to run the 60 if they want to survive. I wonder if NXC has gone soft on their home patch?

NX Group Full Year Results will be released this Thursday 2nd March - might give some ideas on progress & plans moving forward.

NXC along with WA were the garages suffering the highest driver shortages.

D10

Quote from: Sandy Lane on February 27, 2023, 02:47:13 PMHopefully NX Group will sort themselves out.

Take Coventry as an example. NXC recently gave up on running the 3 from WSP to the hospital and this was a bad business mistake in my view. The SC 60 that replaced it is doing quite well in pass no's from what I see. Modern comfy buses and drivers generally are polite & helpful. If it carries on this way demand could need a 30 min frequency in my view? NXC should never had let this happen and should fight to run the 60 if they want to survive. I wonder if NXC has gone soft on their home patch?

That section of the 3 was a TfWM Tender. If it had done well enough then I am sure NXC would have run it commercially. NXC obvioulsy decided to concentrate drivers and resourseces on the commercial network.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: D10 on February 28, 2023, 09:04:41 PMThat section of the 3 was a TfWM Tender. If it had done well enough then I am sure NXC would have run it commercially. NXC obvioulsy decided to concentrate drivers and resourseces on the commercial network.
and that's my point - SC seems so far to be doing quite well with pass numbers. NXC loss is SC gain

Coventrybususer95

Was the change to the 3 not due to the road works on binley road
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on March 01, 2023, 01:37:33 PMWas the change to the 3 not due to the road works on binley road
possibly. The 3 uses only a short section on the Binley Rd and the roadworks haven't got there yet. It's a new cycleway coming out of town.

I think NXC meant the delays that will happen when these roadworks go further onto Clifford Bridge Rd but I guess that is a few months away?

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 01, 2023, 06:19:35 PMpossibly. The 3 uses only a short section on the Binley Rd and the roadworks haven't got there yet. It's a new cycleway coming out of town.

I think NXC meant the delays that will happen when these roadworks go further onto Clifford Bridge Rd but I guess that is a few months away?
Can any further discussion on this subject carry on on a more appropriate topic please

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk