News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celestial Toymaker

im confused (easy to do i know)
20 Hydrogen Buses, but ONLY 5 in use ??
Hydrogen refuelling points are not capable of charging at the speed required at the moment
Coventry to go ALL Electric but, NXWM say that only some will be charged not all, as they cannot afford to charge them, buses will swapped during the day for others with more charge ?

where i am confused is why order more Hydrogen buses if your going all electric ?
and if you cant afford to charge them why have them ?

as i said im just confused by things, i dont spend as much time around buses now as i used to in the 80's & 90's so this is now my only source of information
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

Quoteim confused (easy to do i know)
20 Hydrogen Buses, but ONLY 5 in use ??
Hydrogen refuelling points are not capable of charging at the speed required at the moment
Coventry to go ALL Electric but, NXWM say that only some will be charged not all, as they cannot afford to charge them, buses will swapped during the day for others with more charge ?

where i am confused is why order more Hydrogen buses if your going all electric ?
and if you cant afford to charge them why have them ?

as i said im just confused by things, i dont spend as much time around buses now as i used to in the 80's & 90's so this is now my only source of information
There's a lot of incorrect information in those statements

Tony

A quick look at Bustimes will confirm more than 5 out.

There is no problem with the speed of filling.

And as for the stupid statement about not being able to afford the electricity Every electric charged means a diesel doesn't need to be which is more expensive.

NX has never said it was going all electric, just fully zero emissions. Hydrogen buses are electric zero emission vehicles, they just generate their own electricity.

Celestial Toymaker

Cheers Tony
I did read that about it being too expensive to charge the electrics so only some will be charged not all, however having spent 2 hours this afternoon looking for the item i cant find it anywhere
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Tony

The only problem with the electrics is the current electricity supply into the garage is only good enough for 61 to be charged. The supply is being upgraded next month and it is hoped to have 90 electrics in service in Coventry by the end of the year.

AGPlaysMC

seen H1011 on Jennens Road earlier today
LOCAL routes innit: 8 inner circle, 14, 94, 95, 97

Quote from: AGPlaysMC on November 23, 2022, 09:30:26 PMseen H1011 on Jennens Road earlier today

They go there every day. Dead run to Tyseley to refuel and return back for the 51 in Birmingham and 997S from Old Oscott where they go straight across at the ring road onto Dartmouth Middleway instead.
And there was one recently with a few drivers on training them the route to Tyseley.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

This has probably been answered before but anyway saw H1014 today in town at the 51 terminus and at the back was a pipe underneath expelling water, is this normal as this is the first time I have seen a hydrogen bus in service due to not needing to go into town much anyway. 

BK63 YWP

QuoteThis has probably been answered before but anyway saw H1014 today in town at the 51 terminus and at the back was a pipe underneath expelling water, is this normal as this is the first time I have seen a hydrogen bus in service due to not needing to go into town much anyway.
The end product of hydrogen buses is water, so is normal
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

EK40

Quote from: Squiz1971 on November 30, 2022, 02:59:59 PMThis has probably been answered before but anyway saw H1014 today in town at the 51 terminus and at the back was a pipe underneath expelling water, is this normal as this is the first time I have seen a hydrogen bus in service due to not needing to go into town much anyway.
As normal fuels produce co2 during combustion hydrogen only produces water during combustion hence why its a green fuel 

Squiz1971

Quote from: BK63 YWP on November 30, 2022, 03:16:54 PMThe end product of hydrogen buses is water, so is normal
Thanks @BK63 YWP  I thought as much but wasn't fully sure if it was leaking water or whether it was the residue water being released and thanks @EK40 

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2022, 05:30:27 PMThe only problem with the electrics is the current electricity supply into the garage is only good enough for 61 to be charged. The supply is being upgraded next month and it is hoped to have 90 electrics in service in Coventry by the end of the year.
Cheers Tony
as i said i dont spend much time around buses anymore (mobility issues) im extremely grateful to you for all your efforts online, i rely on your info (and members of this site) to keep up with the goings on
3000 F300 XOF

DJ on smoothmixfm.co.uk

Stevo

I wa a little taken aback by the sight of three Hydroliners together in Carrs Lane on the 51 at about  2pm. One was H1011 and I think the others were H1003 and H1007.

PB50

Will the hydrogen buses be back out this week?

Tony

QuoteWill the hydrogen buses be back out this week?
Yes, 6 out this morning 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk