News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19:45 City Centre to Chelmsley Wood 95 didn't run today for some reason.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

The 2010 Wa 9 from Walsall to Wolverhampton hasn't run tonight, as my sister was waiting at Bloxwich,  so she's had to get a taxi.

I noticed on Bustimes.org, that the journey into Walsall ran & arrived on time.

Would I be correct in thinking that there is supposed to be a change of driver at this point & the new driver hasn't turned up?

6837 running 16 minutes down on the 94 a short while ago.

Also how long is the Saltley Bridge going to be shut for?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 12, 2022, 01:24:31 PM6837 running 16 minutes down on the 94 a short while ago.
Also how long is the Saltley Bridge going to be shut for?
https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1558039252734279689

suggests that it will be closed until the end of 18 August.

one.network shows that there is a traffic order for two-way lights until the end of October.

Thanks for that.
From what I saw. Most 94/95 buses are doing a loop to serve the Saltley Island and coming back the way they came, which does add extra time onto the journey.
Diamond not doing any loop left turn out of Aston Church Road into Washwood Heath Road.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

'Explosion' predicted at Wednesfield, as my sister finds out, there's only 3 buses tracking on the 9 & according to Bustimes.org,  they're all over the section between Bloxwich and Walsall. 

Nothing on the Wolves to Bloxwich section!

Mike K

23 was an absolute joke this evening, huge gap in service from city from around 17.30, no idea what the issue was as 3 24s came through in that time. 2 buses tracking on Google maps vanished into thin air.

Gave up in the end and caught the 24.

Stu

Hopefully when Highgate Road reopens in the morning, it should alleviate some of the traffic congestion along Stratford Road, its been awful the last few days.

There's also apparently some work going on along School Road in Yardley Wood, which meant that my 3 arrived 15 minutes late this morning, despite leaving Slade Road on time, it took the bus over ten minutes to get from Ravenhill Road back onto Priory Road.
https://bustimes.org/services/3-birmingham-yardley-wood-via-billesley/vehicles?date=2022-09-20#journeys/311456065

2 is also being delayed due to roadworks on Yardley Wood Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BBS

Absolute mess on Bradford Street, buses running nearly a hour late 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

ellspurs

Quote from: BBS on September 24, 2022, 01:07:39 PMAbsolute mess on Bradford Street, buses running nearly a hour late
Well the roads are/were shut for Pride. Last year it was an absolute mess as well.

GoldenSquid

Quote from: ellspurs on September 24, 2022, 01:21:07 PMWell the roads are/were shut for Pride. Last year it was an absolute mess as well.
Every time there is a bit event in Birmingham, it becomes a mess.

I wonder why operators like NXWM don't run additional services that don't go into Birmingham (e.g. a 97 from Chelmsley Wood to Heartlands Hospital / X2 Swan (or even Small Heath) to Solihull), just so there are buses moving and people eventually getting to the place they need to go. 
Local Routes: 14/71/72/94/95/96/97/X12/X13

BBS

QuoteEvery time there is a bit event in Birmingham, it becomes a mess.

I wonder why operators like NXWM don't run additional services that don't go into Birmingham (e.g. a 97 from Chelmsley Wood to Heartlands Hospital / X2 Swan (or even Small Heath) to Solihull), just so there are buses moving and people eventually getting to the place they need to go.
Large crowds were waiting for 6s ans 4s in Solihull, i agree with what you said but also shuttles to Birmingham rather than services going Birmingham 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

WalsallBuses2007

Quote from: BBS on September 24, 2022, 07:46:30 PMLarge crowds were waiting for 6s ans 4s in Solihull, i agree with what you said but also shuttles to Birmingham rather than services going Birmingham
They probably would if they have enough drivers but i doubt it with the nation driver shortage

Jack

Quote from: BBS on September 24, 2022, 07:46:30 PMLarge crowds were waiting for 6s ans 4s in Solihull, i agree with what you said but also shuttles to Birmingham rather than services going Birmingham 
Any shuttles to Birmingham would get stuck in the same traffic...

the trainbasher

I think what is meant is swingers running from the outer terminal to somewhere like the Middle Ring Road, along with the normal full length buses.

Either that would work, or NWM and the ops should do something like "Mop stops" similar to what is in Stratford, so if there is an event on in say the Markets/Moor St area, services could terminate elsewhere in the City, similar to where the CG Shuttles terminated during the Games (with one of each of the corridors still terminating in the Markets for example, and appropriate signposting)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk