News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: Stu on August 22, 2022, 06:33:21 PMI can't keep up with all this chopping and changing!

Passengers , myself included feel very much the same.  It is confusing enough when buses in different liveries appear on the same route - and this applies to many operators out there. And before anyone says it , I fully appreciate a bus in any colour is better than no bus at all.  :kiss:  

metrocity

Quote from: Stu on August 22, 2022, 06:33:21 PMI can't keep up with all this chopping and changing!

If Diamond had continued to operate the Coventry to Solihull section, it would have made sense to renumber that to 82, but I was told that TfWM wanted to keep it as X20.

And now Stagecoach have won both contracts, I would have assumed the intention was to keep it as one through service from Stratford to Coventry as before.

Although now with the addition of the 87/88 services, I would imagine Stagecoach have different ideas, perhaps by reintroducing the 82 as a seperate service, they plan to do some interworking between the three routes.
It doesn't help when there is a lack of any official information literally days before the changes take effect. TFWM are a disgrace.

Sandy Lane

All summed up on SC web page.
https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-22/08/2022-11:11:36:400

Your Coventry & Solihull bus network is growing from 28th August 2022

We are proud to announce we will be running new routes in Coventry & Solihull areas from 28th August 2022, on behalf of Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)

Route 82/X20
Journeys between Coventry, Allesley Village, Meriden, Hampton in Arden, Catherine De Barnes & Solihull will run as route 82 up to every hour 
Journeys between Solihull, Hockley Heath, Henley-in-Arden and Stratford will run as route X20 up to every hour.
These routes will run separately, and a change of bus will be required. Through tickets are not available but we offer a range of Day tickets to use across our routes.
Click here for route 82 timetable
Route 87
This route will run between Coventry, Cannon Park, Burton Green, Balsall Common, Knowle and Solihull up to every hour.
Some journeys also serve the Jaguar Land Rover Fen End site.
Additional journeys run on route 88 between Balsall Common, Knowle and Solihull.
Click here for route 87 timetable
Route 88
This route will run between Balsall Common, Chadwick End, Knowle and Solihull up to every hour.
Some journeys also serve the Jaguar Land Rover Fen End site.
Additional journeys run on route 88 between Balsall Common, Knowle and Solihull.
Click here for route 88 timetable

Coventrybususer95

Could the 82/87 use the golds that are based out of Nuneaton as the 48 has been split?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

Quote from: metrocity on August 23, 2022, 10:13:15 PMIt doesn't help when there is a lack of any official information literally days before the changes take effect. TFWM are a disgrace.
Well, it technically changes tomorrow, and still no notices from TfWM. The timetables for the Stagecoach services seem to be up, but the "upcoming bus service changes" page hasn't been touched this week.

Also, from Stagecoach's Twitter: https://twitter.com/StagecoachMids

Lots of cancellations due to lack of staff or a breakdown. They seem to be trying to keep away from the new services although there are a couple of Stratford service 3 and X20 cancellations in the last few days.

Found out today X20 route has changed in Stratford. Seemingly no longer goes into the Railway Station there like Johnsons/Diamond did and the bus towards Solihull now leaves from the opposite side of the road in Stratford, like it used to many years ago. Didn't realise it was the wrong side till I saw it come in.

People in Solihull gave up looking for X20 stop and timetable, not even on the flag of a single TFWM bus stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: 2206 on August 29, 2022, 03:15:13 PMFound out today X20 route has changed in Stratford. Seemingly no longer goes into the Railway Station there like Johnsons/Diamond did and the bus towards Solihull now leaves from the opposite side of the road in Stratford, like it used to many years ago. Didn't realise it was the wrong side till I saw it come in.

People in Solihull gave up looking for X20 stop and timetable, not even on the flag of a single TFWM bus stop.

I always wondered why the X20 served Stratford Railway Station, as surely passengers from the X20 wouldn't want to catch Birmingham trains.  However, the last time I used an X20 someone did get off at the station, so what I do know ...

Did you notice that the X20 and 50 interwork on Sundays, and that the X20 does a loop in Solihull, only serving the Railway Station on the way out?

I agree it's frustrating that bus stops don't mention the X20.  I've reported this to TfWM; I wonder how long it will take for them to put this right.

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 29, 2022, 09:19:31 PMI always wondered why the X20 served Stratford Railway Station, as surely passengers from the X20 wouldn't want to catch Birmingham trains.  However, the last time I used an X20 someone did get off at the station, so what I do know ...

Did you notice that the X20 and 50 interwork on Sundays, and that the X20 does a loop in Solihull, only serving the Railway Station on the way out?

I agree it's frustrating that bus stops don't mention the X20.  I've reported this to TfWM; I wonder how long it will take for them to put this right.
Yes I did notice both of those and also one passenger did a 4 hour rounds trip on it all the way to Chipping Norton and back I believe.
It had a short wait in the Town Centre at Solihull and Stratford, while it waits its departure time then carries on.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Tbh I did it weird that it served Solihull station as you can get a direct service from Solihull to Stratford Upon Avon in 35 mins Vs 1hr on the X20 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

the trainbasher

Maybe because it can be useful as an alternative if the trains are up the spout

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

All Stagecoach Warks buses are displaying a remembering Queen Elizabeth II message on them. Alternates between that and the normal service display.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stagecoach Warwickshire have a Stratford Trident in Birmingham this afternoon in the pride. Saw it on the High Street. Might be 18482
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BrumKev86

This weekend sees a full weekend closure of the M42 between 5 and 6 ( 10pm tonight to 5am Monday)with a local diversion in place. Will be interestng to see if Stagecoach's Solihull routes are affected much.
The national highways diversion is via Solihull bypass, damson parkway, A45. However I can see many motorists going via Hampton Lane and Catherine de Barnes Lane. So the 82 could get caught up in it.

The lights at the junction of A41/Hampton Lane/Yew Tree Lane are awful, it's a busy junction any time so can the traffic going back to motorway junction unless the council have altered them with this work going on. If not the Balsall Common routes might face delays also
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

BrumKev86

Closure of M42 has been postponed probably because of the rail strikes although someone on FB has already said it's because of the Tory Party Conference!
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

Westy

Quote from: BrumKev86 on October 01, 2022, 09:40:27 AMClosure of M42 has been postponed probably because of the rail strikes although someone on FB has already said it's because of the Tory Party Conference!
Suppose the Tories need an alternative route home in case there's an issue with the M6 M1 route!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk