News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

Quote from: PB2938 on July 02, 2022, 05:14:22 PMAt the start of operation 14 at PB it is booked to use Gemini
It will probably end up being a mix of everything, like all of Perry Barr's decker services.

Gareth

There's no need for the 14 to be single decker until 2024. Unless the schedule for HS2 works in Saltley change yet again.

BBS

Just heard a rumour that the 477* are going in September. Believing thats false
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

PB ex Hagley Road E400 out on the 14 route today.  Might have been 4809.
Route learning.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

4780 in Heritage livery made a final appearance on the Ward End 94/95 routes today. Was running  behind 4808 at about 20:10.
Both will be run only by Central Garage from tomorrow.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

PB driver Mark Fitchew, who as some of you know, writes a blog about his various bus journeys across the UK,  as well as his local trips, has started publishing his latest blog about the closure & relocation of PB.

https://buscapade.wordpress.com/2022/06/08/the-perry-barr-story-part-one-bct/

It's a multi part job, so don't forget to subscribe!

4484 on the PB 14 this morning. First time a Gemini has ran the 14 service.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2022, 10:58:55 AMPB driver Mark Fitchew, who as some of you know, writes a blog about his various bus journeys across the UK,  as well as his local trips, has started publishing his latest blog about the closure & relocation of PB.

https://buscapade.wordpress.com/2022/06/08/the-perry-barr-story-part-one-bct/

It's a multi part job, so don't forget to subscribe!
Interesting read, also interesting use of describing a future event in the past tense.

QuoteOn 31st September 2022, National West Midlands (NXWM) Perry Barr garage, my place of employment for nearly the past twenty five years, closed it's doors, moving to a brand new replacement at the opposite end of Wellhead Lane, at the junction with Aston Lane. Therefore, I decided that the time was right to look at the old garage's history.
There are however only 30 days in September! :rolleyes:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 24, 2022, 11:00:22 AM4484 on the PB 14 this morning. First time a Gemini has ran the 14 service.
Considering its the first day of being operated from PB, and it was stated that Geminis would be the usual allocation, I wouldn't find that surprising to be honest.
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 24, 2022, 02:01:59 PMInteresting read, also interesting use of describing a future event in the past tense.
I did point it out to him on Twitter, but he's obviously not been in a position to change it yet.

I'm guessing it's this month, as they wouldn't move during the week surely?

Quote from: Stu on July 24, 2022, 04:14:45 PMConsidering its the first day of being operated from PB, and it was stated that Geminis would be the usual allocation, I wouldn't find that surprising to be honest.
I know that it will be normal. But it looked strange seeing 4484 this morning on what until recent months has long been a Trident stronghold.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 24, 2022, 04:50:33 PMI did point it out to him on Twitter, but he's obviously not been in a position to change it yet.

I'm guessing it's this month, as they wouldn't move during the week surely?
Is the new garage even finished yet?

I would imagine there would be a 'transition' with vehicles and equipment being transferred over a period of time.
My locals:

Westy

Quote from: Stu on July 24, 2022, 04:56:31 PMIs the new garage even finished yet?

I would imagine there would be a 'transition' with vehicles and equipment being transferred over a period of time.
Well, I'm sure there is a certain 'someone' who could clear this up!

CL

The "key", so to speak, is due to be handed over for the 1st October. Full operation out of Aston Lane is expected by the end of that month (by the 26th, I've heard)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Nxwm

Quote from: Stu on July 24, 2022, 02:01:59 PMInteresting read, also interesting use of describing a future event in the past tense.
Tried to view the link but it's coming back as broken link

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk