News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Presumably the Electric 9 ones might get a repaint  into the new livery.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

don

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2022, 06:07:49 PMProbably not, as the current Platinum vehicles at Coventry will be leaving once they are replaced by electrics, as I understand things.

I would presume that all new electric buses will be delivered in this new livery, which would leave the remaining diesel single-decks in the 'old' Coventry colours. Whether they would be repainted remains to be seen, unless of course there are also some electric single decks already on order, they will probably stay at Coventry for another year at least.

Yes I would think so - it remains to be seen what happens with the X1!

It looks to me as though the E200s may be staying for a while (based on the repainting of 871 and 875), but that the B7RLEs will be replaced (based again on what's happening with 2143 etc) - that would make a fleet of 154 or so with the existing electrics - it's always fun to second guess @Tony et al's fleet strategy :grin:

I wonder if the cost of repainting all of the cascaded Coventry fleet as a result of the Coventry electric initiative has partially led to a re-think on livery - that's quite a big cost in a short period and will take up a lot of general fleet maintenance repaint space - I'm guessing all the Tridents and Geminis will be replaced as life expired. Inter transfers between Coventry and West Midlands after this would only involve changing the stripe and part of the fleetname - significantly more straightforward - eg when the E200s get replaced by electrics before 2025.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on May 13, 2022, 06:14:38 PMPresumably the Electric 9 ones might get a repaint  into the new livery.
I did actually consider the possibility that the current 10 electrics at Coventry might just transfer to the West Midlands - for the sake of keeping batches together and that so CV had an 'all-new' electric fleet.

But it is probably more likely they'll get a new lick of paint to match the new ones.

Quote from: don on May 13, 2022, 07:13:32 PMYes I would think so - it remains to be seen what happens with the X1!

It looks to me as though the E200s may be staying for a while (based on the repainting of 871 and 875), but that the B7RLEs will be replaced (based again on what's happening with 2143 etc) - that would make a fleet of 154 or so with the existing electrics - it's always fun to second guess @Tony et al's fleet strategy :grin:

I wonder if the cost of repainting all of the cascaded Coventry fleet as a result of the Coventry electric initiative has partially led to a re-think on livery - that's quite a big cost in a short period and will take up a lot of general fleet maintenance repaint space - I'm guessing all the Tridents and Geminis will be replaced as life expired. Inter transfers between Coventry and West Midlands after this would only involve changing the stripe and part of the fleetname - significantly more straightforward - eg when the E200s get replaced by electrics before 2025.

Regarding the X1, I'm not sure about its long-term future - certainly once the Sprint route is up and running to the Airport, there's a possibility that the X1 could be dropped, and a new route from Coventry to Airport via Meriden introduced to maintain a bus link.

Or the X1 could continue, but by 2025 it would need to be operated with electric or hydrogen buses (technically the hydrogen vehicles are still 'electric' so would fulfil the criteria for Coventry being an 'all electric bus' city).
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

cardew

Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2022, 08:25:23 PMI did actually consider the possibility that the current 10 electrics at Coventry might just transfer to the West Midlands - for the sake of keeping batches together and that so CV had an 'all-new' electric fleet.

But it is probably more likely they'll get a new lick of paint to match the new ones.
I wondered the same as they wouldn't need a repaint to move to WM. It seems that the new ones will be in effect leased and if NX actually own the electrics currently at Coventry maybe that will be a factor. All guess work as usual of course.

Tony

QuoteI wondered the same as they wouldn't need a repaint to move to WM. It seems that the new ones will be in effect leased and if NX actually own the electrics currently at Coventry maybe that will be a factor. All guess work as usual of course.
All current and on order electrics are all owned by Zenobe

cardew

Quote from: Tony on May 13, 2022, 08:39:57 PMAll current and on order electrics are all owned by Zenobe
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for clarifying

Coventrybususer95

Just seen a new electric enter the depot didn't see a fleet number but it was one of the ones that's not had the blue stripe added yet 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 30, 2022, 12:06:09 PMJust seen a new electric enter the depot didn't see a fleet number but it was one of the ones that's not had the blue stripe added yet
That seems interesting 🤔 

BK63 YWP

QuoteThat seems interesting 🤔
How is it interesting, the odds are it's getting it's livery additions added on whilst in Coventry... 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BK63 YWP

E034 is listed as going to be attending Gaydon Bus Festival along with 2001 4535 1834 2957 and the heath buzz 

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

QuoteE034 is listed as going to be attending Gaydon Bus Festival along with 2001 4535 1834 2957 and the heath buzz
Unfortunately it won't be going, it will be one of YWs

BK63 YWP

QuoteUnfortunately it won't be going, it will be one of YWs
Is there plans for a Hydrogen bus to attend or is the fuelling still an issue?

X10 Gornal Wood

samuel derrington

Nice to see 874 , 875 and 871 all leave coventry garage in a convoy a moment ago

Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer

Bunch of cov buses tracking as T1, what is T1 and where they going?

Tony

QuoteBunch of cov buses tracking as T1, what is T1 and where they going?
You only have to click on 'track this bus' and you will see they are all just moving around in depot, so it is just a quirk of the information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk