News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Quote from: 2206 on May 05, 2022, 09:51:33 PMIs X20 not going to Meriden and Coventry anymore? What is 20 Shirley to Stratford?
Probably just a mistype

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MW

Quote from: 2206 on May 05, 2022, 09:51:33 PMIs X20 not going to Meriden and Coventry anymore? Just the 89 in Catherine De Barnes and Hampton In Arden if thats the case then (I know Hampton In Arden has the train to)?
What is 20 Shirley to Stratford?
The X20 is two subsidised routes merged into one. 

X20 - Solihull to Coventry (funded by TfWM)
20 Shirley to Stratford (funded by WCC)

I believe the Shirley to Solihull section is commercial. I'd imagine for simplicity, the X20 will be operated as it is at the moment, and that as trainbasher says, this is a typo.

Justin Tyme

Looks like, with it terminating at Kings Heath, the 150 will only need one bus with Diamond.  The 149 uses a double decker for the schooltime journeys, so it will be interesting to see what Diamond uses on it next week - an existing DD at Redditch, a Streetdeck or something else?

The announcements about the transfer said that existing services will be unchanged.  While this isn't the case with the 150, I think it is likely that the Solihull - Coventry section of the X20 has been left off the list in error.  It is a TfWM contract, and of course serves the Millisons Wood area of Meriden as well as Catherine-de-Barnes and Hampton-in-Arden.

I suspect the mention of the 20 is an error too.  20 was Stratford - Shirley Station, which ran after the X20 to Birmingham was withdrawn in 2018 and before the service was diverted to Solihull (and on to Coventry replacing the 82) in 2019.

barry

Quote from: bewdley5 on May 05, 2022, 11:00:42 AMWould not supprise me if the volos will stop with whittles as there fleet is all volos
 i have seen a ford  painted  in whittles livery  is that ex johnsons
If by 'Ford' you are referring to a 'transit' style minibus, then no, it was a second hand purchase and has never operated for Johnsons

Solo1

i think the C89  runs over the x20  route in part & says 88 Coventry -Solihull  so could 88 replace X20

the trainbasher

Quote from: Solo1 on May 06, 2022, 08:52:13 AMi think the C89  runs over the x20  route in part & says 88 Coventry -Solihull  so could 88 replace X20
The 89 is in part the former 192/4 if you look at its route up to Tile Hill. Plus 3bpd replacing a hourly route - I don't think that'll go down too well with the natives

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Jack

Quote from: 2206 on May 05, 2022, 09:51:33 PMIs X20 not going to Meriden and Coventry anymore? Just the 89 in Catherine De Barnes and Hampton In Arden if thats the case then (I know Hampton In Arden has the train to)?
What is 20 Shirley to Stratford?
Isn't the 20 the service that was introduced when the X20 stopped going Brum? Shirley Station to Stratford?

Quote from: Jack on May 06, 2022, 04:59:36 PMIsn't the 20 the service that was introduced when the X20 stopped going Brum? Shirley Station to Stratford?
Yes, it doesn't run anymore. It seems added in error, as its gone from the list now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Noticed one of the 68 plate Classic E200s with its logos etc removed yesterday on the 87/88. Presumably preparing to return back to the lease company.

Is anything moving over to Diamond for tomorrow?

igogeneral

Maybe coming to KEV's

MW

Quote from: igogeneral on May 08, 2022, 03:14:53 PMMaybe coming to KEV's
Makes sense. I believe they were uprated to Euro 6 before entering service at Johnson's.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: MW on May 08, 2022, 02:00:10 PMIs anything moving over to Diamond for tomorrow?
I don't know, but the services transferring tomorrow require just 3 vehicles altogether.

igogeneral

Quote from: MW on May 08, 2022, 03:22:12 PMMakes sense. I believe they were uprated to Euro 6 before entering service at Johnson's.
The two MCW were always Euro 6

MW

Quote from: igogeneral on May 09, 2022, 08:54:11 AMThe two MCW were always Euro 6

I'm referring to the Classic E200. 

IMarkeh

Do Johnsons have set vehicles or vehicle types per duty? I am wanting to get on the Scanias, Metrodeckers and Tempos before Johnsons cease but they don't track on bustimes anymore so I can't work out where the buses go. I can see though from when they did track in April, buses seemed to do some funky stuff, cross interworking basically everything.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk