News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Pete's Travel

Started by PM, April 15, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The decker were mainly used on the 37, 97 & the hawksleys 83 & 84. However they did sometimes stray onto other things so it may have been possible for one to go into 401/402

Cheese

Quote from: Steveminor on February 08, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
The decker were mainly used on the 37, 97 & the hawksleys 83 & 84. However they did sometimes stray onto other things so it may have been possible for one to go into 401/402

I recall a mate of mine having one of their Citybuses on the 321 or 322 Coventry circular, that used to drop anything as I think he had that Plaxton Viewmaster coach (or whatever the bodywork was!) on there as well.

Stu

Quote from: DJ98 on February 08, 2018, 09:14:55 AM
I remember seeing a yellow decker most mornings before school on St Marks Road, sometime around 8:30 AM-ish. Does anyone know if Pete's used a decker on any of the morning 401/2's, or would this have been something else?
We're going back a few years now (about 2001 to 2004 I think) when I used to work in Great Bridge, and I'd often get the 401 or 402 from West Bromwich, as the 74 (Merc-operated at the time) would usually be ram-packed.
I had a Busmaster pass at the time (what would now be the nBus pass) so I'd get whichever turned up first, NX or Petes Travel. While Petes usually had single-decks on the 401 and 402, there were a few occasions when a double-deck would turn up, which was always a nice surprise, as even the single-decks would rarely get full.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk