News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wicksons. Clayhanger

Started by andyr, December 15, 2015, 02:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyr

Very sad to see another long established family company decide to close. I vive there final day of operation is the 18th December. There managing director Martin Wickson as decided to retire. Good luck to all of the staff and a happy retirement to Martin.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on December 15, 2015, 02:13:34 PM
Very sad to see another long established family company decide to close. I vive there final day of operation is the 18th December. There managing director Martin Wickson as decided to retire. Good luck to all of the staff and a happy retirement to Martin.

The operator that rents space in the Yard, Robinson's, seems quite a respectable outfit, hopefully they may take some of the staff & work on

B61 ANDREW

Has anyone seen any of the Wicksons vehicles with new operators ?  Wicksons vehicles always seemed tidy and well looked after.  :)

woody38

Seems so sad to see an operater like Wicksons dissapear they used to do so.e lovely day trips, can'nt beleive nobody wanted to buy the bussiness as a going concern like when Whittle's was bought.

Solo1

I would or thought parry ' s from by cannock would of brought them

andyr

Why would Parrys of been interested ? They operate there own tour programme. They don't do coach charter or contracts so hardly fits in with there business. As I understand the Wicksons business was never put on the market.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk