News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New Deliveries / New Livery & Branding Discussion

Started by barry, March 06, 2015, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on March 12, 2015, 08:17:16 PM
I had my first ride on one today 6102. Externally they are really impressive. I sat upstairs. Smooth ride, no rattles. I did seem internally not much different from older E400s, but the refreshed design of seats, extra leg room wee welcome additions. The new staircase was not as steep as I imagined it to be. A shame the bus was strewn with litter and cans rolling around the floors, but unfortunately that's part of modern public transport use. I also noticed that 6103 has it's Barcleycard spelling mistake corrected.
The temperature seemed perfect, but the fans were slightly on the noisy side. But apart from that I was was very impressed.

Pity the cleaners on Colmore Row couldn't be employed to give the buses a quick clean.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 08:21:36 PM
I had my first ride on one today 6102. Externally they are really impressive. I sat upstairs. Smooth ride, no rattles. I did seem internally not much different from older E400s, but the refreshed design of seats, extra leg room wee welcome additions. The new staircase was not as steep as I imagined it to be. A shame the bus was strewn with litter and cans rolling around the floors, but unfortunately that's part of modern public transport use. I also noticed that 6103 has it's Barcleycard spelling mistake corrected.
The temperature seemed perfect, but the fans were slightly on the noisy side. But apart from that I was was very impressed.

Pity the cleaners on Colmore Row couldn't be employed to give the buses a quick clean.

Shouldn't need cleaners....The twits who leave the rubbish should take it with them!!!!!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Sh4318

Quote from: 4006 on March 13, 2015, 12:34:54 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 12, 2015, 08:21:36 PM

Shouldn't need cleaners....The twits who leave the rubbish should take it with them!!!!!

In an ideal world, yes
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

JoNi

A rush bin on the bus and notice asking customers to use it!

Bryan

Quote from: JoNi on March 13, 2015, 01:46:06 PM

People will still just drop the rubbish on the floor or seat, rather than holding onto it for a few minutes and putting it in the bin. I would be rich if I had a pound for every time I've seen someone drop rubbish when in sight of a bin.

CL

6109 in service today. Currently on it, 6101 vs. 6109 - 6109 overtook 6101, which was in front. Yes, the bell sound is nice. Though, it does have an abnormal odour - something which wasn't a problem on 6101, when I rode it...
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

Rubbish problem sounds like a need for bins that are more visible in colour and better communication.  I was on a bus recently where the orange "Used Ticket" box had "Litter Bin" on it. Mind you I was in Pool Meadow recently when something arrived on the ground behind me from a birds sitting high up behind me. Obviously I couldn't communicate to him but a well positioned spike would cure that problem!

domino.99

Quote from: clayderman on March 13, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
6109 in service today. Currently on it, 6101 vs. 6109 - 6109 overtook 6101, which was in front. Yes, the bell sound is nice. Though, it does have an abnormal odour - something which wasn't a problem on 6101, when I rode it...

I don't see why it rings twice. You press the bell and hear a faint ding ding and then a second later hear a louder ding ding

Sh4318

Quote from: Bryan on March 13, 2015, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: JoNi on March 13, 2015, 01:46:06 PM

People will still just drop the rubbish on the floor or seat, rather than holding onto it for a few minutes and putting it in the bin. I would be rich if I had a pound for every time I've seen someone drop rubbish when in sight of a bin.

Exactly. The state of the class 323s when on the Wolverhampton - Birmingham stopper emphasises this point
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: NXDom on March 13, 2015, 04:27:02 PM
I don't see why it rings twice. You press the bell and hear a faint ding ding and then a second later hear a louder ding ding

That caught my attention too, why on earth does it 'ding' twice*? - carte blanche for a real driver to go sailing past your stop!

* 'Real' Buses & crews use a code of one 'ding' to stop, two 'dings' to go/carry on  ;)

Ronnoc

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 13, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

That caught my attention too, why on earth does it 'ding' twice*? - carte blanche for a real driver to go sailing past your stop!

* 'Real' Buses & crews use a code of one 'ding' to stop, two 'dings' to go/carry on  ;)
The faint one is most likely the sound that warns the driver that somebody wants to get off, I've experienced some drivers who have went passed a stop somebody wanted to get off at.

Tony

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 13, 2015, 07:51:56 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking them up(Carry on)!

James4368

Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

don

Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking

Hence the term three bell load - I.e the bus is full.

Talking of dings I went on one of Arriva's posh 13 reg hybrid B5/Wrights yesterday - whilst lurching down the upper deck fast approaching my stop I pressed a bell and nothing happened - a bit harder still nothing - I then twigged it didn't work and went to the next bell push which did - and I got off in time!!! I was perhaps a bit phased by the upper deck being full of school and college girls - the three uniformed trainee hairdressers on the back seat behind me having a continuous debate about how and when they considered it appropriate to have s*x ........  Extraordinary!!! Anyway I also noticed that the Wright bodywork doesn't creak or rattle - and the stanchions have a much beefier connection to the roof than the hopeless press fit things on an E200 - so bell push and clientele excepted, the Wright body seems much more robust than the Enviro (haven't been on a monopolies and mergers commission (MMC) one yet though)!!!

Could that be why they seem to pass through repaint and retrim so quickly compared with Trident/Alexander's - more robust and thus take less fixing?
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Tony

Quote from: don on March 13, 2015, 08:25:57 PM
Quote from: Tony on March 13, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

Not quite, two was to pull away (Go), three was don't bother picking

Could that be why they seem to pass through repaint and retrim so quickly compared with Trident/Alexander's - more robust and thus take less fixing?

Wright's Panels basically just click off and take a loss less time to replace damaged ones than those on Alexander/Alexander Dennis products

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk