News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

AG Omnilink (almost fire)

Started by MW, June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

An AG Omnilink went crazy today at Wilkinsons, in Acocks Green. The engine just had an insane amount of steam/smoke coming out of it, as I drove past. The driver opened the bonnet and left it there. I drove again half an hour later to see a Mansfield Truck towing it, and then later a big pool of liquid where the Scania was parked. I don't know if it turned into a fire, or was a fire initially and needed putting out. Either that, or some sort of leak underneath the bus, fuel maybe?

winston

Quote from: Michael on June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM
An AG Omnilink went crazy today at Wilkinsons, in Acocks Green. The engine just had an insane amount of steam/smoke coming out of it, as I drove past. The driver opened the bonnet and left it there. I drove again half an hour later to see a Mansfield Truck towing it, and then later a big pool of liquid where the Scania was parked. I don't know if it turned into a fire, or was a fire initially and needed putting out. Either that, or some sort of leak underneath the bus, fuel maybe?

It may of just been a coolant leak & the engine overheated?

Stu

What time was that? I got the 31 home yesterday evening, and when I walked round from Westley Road to the bank I noticed an Omnilink (think it was 1947) parked up by Wilko with its hazards on, about half 6 that was. Didn't look anything serious though, driver was sitting inside the bus, no smoke or anything.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

lauren1993

Do the 59 and 10 plate omnilinks ever have loud cooling fan noises? I know the 57, 58 and 09 plate ones do!
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Liberator9

@lauren1993 

Some of them do - but only in the very hot weather. 1914 seems to do it more than most though I've noticed - rode it on the 6 a few weeks ago and it sounded great with the fan noise in the warm weather!

richie

Quote from: Winston on June 14, 2014, 12:14:13 AM
Quote from: Michael on June 14, 2014, 12:08:58 AM

It may of just been a coolant leak & the engine overheated?

Your probably right Winston the coolant NX use is a thick Green sludge the expansion tanks are generally above the exhaust so that would have contributed to the steam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk