News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social distancing on buses, post Lockdown.

Started by ellspurs, May 27, 2020, 03:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on June 15, 2020, 05:14:49 PM
Well actually you don't show it to the driver  on First you have to scan it. Unless I'm mistaken and Sl'some First' operations still work to the old legislation? I know certain companies still say to show it to the driver, but most big companies First being one of them have new ticket machines.
You scan your pass to record the journey on First Worcester & you would show your pass to the driver if you are not wearing a face covering to show you are unfortunately disabled.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 15, 2020, 05:25:08 PM
You scan your pass to record the journey on First Worcester & you would show your pass to the driver if you are not wearing a face covering to show you are unfortunately disabled.

Oh right is it mandortory to do that now? I thought if you have scanned your pss then you are allowed to travel.

I only ask that as when you scan your pass it doesn't throw up a pick on the screen for the driver so I auume what you are saying is probably right. that you have to scan your card then show the driver it?

Tony

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 15, 2020, 05:25:08 PM

And why would you need to do that? Once you've scanned your pass the driver knows it belongs to someone with a disability

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on June 15, 2020, 05:46:18 PM
And why would you need to do that? Once you've scanned your pass the driver knows it belongs to someone with a disability

That's what I'm getting at. I was simply asking the question to @WyreForestShuttle.

WyreForestShuttle

This is just a personal opinion having been both passenger & driver at the company on First Worcester I would open the pass as I scanned it if boarding without a face protection for the photograph on the pass to clearly indicate I was the disabled person to the driver however on your NXWM I would simply scan it.

WyreForestShuttle

Just for the record although qualifing for both I hold a disabled blue badge to enable family to pick me up easily after operations at QEHB but have not applied for an ENCTS .

Steveminor

I confused as to why you do different things on different operators.
Encts passes show whether they are pensioner or disabled to the driver whatever ticketing equipment the operator is using.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on June 15, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
Encts passes show whether they are pensioner or disabled to the driver whatever ticketing equipment the operator is using.

As much as I respect you @Steveminor you didn't learn your craft at Midland Red West you never forget pass validity when & where valid and an Inspectors spot check can you not remember the Senior  Inspector we had at Kidderminster on Wyre Forest Shuttle I believe he was distantly related to a gentleman called Blake...........

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Steveminor on June 15, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
Oh & when my late parents who had retired to Torquay used to stay with me thier ENCTS passes issued by Torbay Council were refused by @Simon@Arriva Arriva drivers as they used to read invalid by the drivers they happily paid the fare you have lived a very sheltered life @Steveminor in regard to ENCTS acceptance. Diamond Bus & NXWM read the cards with no problem but not @Simon@Arriva .

MW

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 15, 2020, 06:05:05 PM
This is just a personal opinion having been both passenger & driver at the company on First Worcester I would open the pass as I scanned it if boarding without a face protection for the photograph on the pass to clearly indicate I was the disabled person to the driver however on your NXWM I would simply scan it.

With respect, you are one of the reasons certain services get slowed down if you're messing around waving passes at the driver. They're not interested. Just scan the thing and sit down. Those few seconds do actually save time, when you consider how many people actually board throughout the day. Reminds me of the many times certain passengers require assistance to sit the f*** down. The solution being accelerating to ease them into their seat...

The funniest one of course is when passengers look at the Ticketer machine and try to insert their pass into the ticket printer. Or perhaps when they assume the ticket printer is some sort of vending machine and try to insert coins!

Steveminor

The etms today are light years ahead of the old way3 kit operators used to use & give far more information regarding the passes.
Regarding Torbay encts passes we had a couple (before lockdown who were visiting from Torbay & their passes would not scan. It was traced to incorrect coding on Torbay councils part.

What you are doing on First buses I.e showing your photo before scanning "should" be the correct procedure on all buses, but we know that with the speed of todays society that does not really happen.

I remember the old mid red west inspectors not wishing them any disrespect but they had no real knowledge of deregulation as they were clueless as to why Pete's Travel were running the 440 just in front of their bus as "aren't you 5 mins early & hang on theres another 440 just behind we'll  need to speak to someone about this" was their comment lol

Stu

Irrelevant posts split off and merged with existing 'Old Bus Routes' topic.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on June 16, 2020, 06:40:32 PM
Irrelevant posts split off and merged with existing 'Old Bus Routes' topic.
Thanks for that. I thought the forum was broken when I saw some posts from this thread end up on the "old bus routes" thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk