News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Real Time information

Started by Gareth, December 31, 2014, 12:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Every bus stop I've used since Boxing Day in various parts of the city have had incorrect real time information with as many as 5 'Due' buses disappearing. The bus stop information is different to the NXWM app information and the arrival of buses doesn't match either.
Are the IT people on holiday or maybe they aren't even aware?

Stuharris 6360

or were the stops expecting it to be Mon - Fri timetables when actually until today, it has been Saturday service.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Matt.N0056

Many RTI boards seem to be 5 minutes fast, don't know whether this causes incorrect times for the buses being tracked

wembley86

Could it be that the displays are weekday times and the buses are running a saturday service

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on December 31, 2014, 12:53:43 PM
I was waiting for a 241 in Cradley Heath yesterday, the real time info said 3 min, then 1 min, then disappeared with the next bus being a 141 in 10 mins. Then 3 or 4 mins later the 241 appeared! I've noticed the same kind of thing is happening at other bus stops with real time info.

The NWM app has also been having problems for a quite a while now. Whenever a bus gets within 4-5 mins of your bus stop it disappears off the departure list!

I think there all out, the one in harbourne was incorrect aswell

JoNi

The clock on stop displays appears to be six minutes fast.
As for the NX App buses are "disappearing" when they are six minutes away. Using the stops and times button work your way back up the route from where you are until the "next" bus disappears to find out where it is! Appreciate there are limitations in relation to buses entering service etc!

Stu

This morning, I just missed a 37 in Acocks Green, and the departure board said a 31 was due in 3 mins; this was about 8:16am, so I went to go and wait for that instead of waiting six minutes for the next 37. (I didn't notice the current time on the display though)

Needless to say the 31 didn't come until 8:27, which was about correct as the printed timetable said it came at 0829 on Saturday. (The 37 did come and go in the meantime, but I didn't fancy running over the icy frosted pavement!).

Longest three minutes of my life!  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

trident4370

I've had MANY issues with both the app and bus stop clocks since just before Christmas, it's got to the point now where I'm just taking no notice of either!

Kevin

Similar with the bus stop at Tower Hill, I've noticed 51s and X51s all appearing as "due" then disappearing then turning up 2 or 3 mins later
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Gareth

A Saturday service shouldn't affect the bus stops or the app at all. They are real time departures, not timetabled ones.

Liverpool Street

Ahhh... What did we do before RTI... I'll never know...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stu

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 06:17:18 PM

What did we do before every stop had a printed timetable?  ;) Ah, the joys of turning up at a bus stop and having no idea what time it would, or was indeed supposed to, turn up! :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on December 31, 2014, 06:23:04 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 31, 2014, 06:17:18 PM

What did we do before every stop had a printed timetable?  ;) Ah, the joys of turning up at a bus stop and having no idea what time it would, or was indeed supposed to, turn up! :D

The glory days of literally 'the drivers all run to their own timetable' - 'oh you're early driver' no I'm not my love I'm on time... (Not really, the standard procedure on the BR was 6minutes up to allow for Selly Oak.. Worked like a dream until a certain portly inspector got his own way back in the day! And don't worry about Bundy clocks ;-) )
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Westy

You were lucky if your stop got a timetable board, which was mainly the timetable leaflet with the timing point underlined in red.

Oh for the days of the Wmpte North Division timetable book @ 50p!

Anyone remember the pokey little hole that Wmpte used as a Travel Centre in Walsall, now a sweet shop?

JoNi

Main screens in Pool Meadow, Coventry on Boxing Day only showed one journey!
The 14:55 Monday to Friday school holidays to Allesley Park.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/gx5d2t

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk