News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Other Operators / Re: Chaserider
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 09:51:37 PM
Would Chaserider's area be covered by franchising if it happens.
National Express West Midlands / Re: Hydrogen vehicles
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 09:48:26 PM
If they do return to service next week better be quick to get a photo as I bet they don't last a week
Garage threads / Re: Acocks Green Garage
Last post by Mayfield - Yesterday at 09:46:00 PM
It will all probably Change in a couple of years when other companies are running the services in the W/mids
National Express West Midlands / Re: Hydrogen vehicles
Last post by Celestial Toymaker - Yesterday at 09:31:32 PM
Quote from: Stu on May 13, 2024, 08:25:04 PMYes, that was an interesting read indeed. It would seem to me that based on the current experience, NX have little to no desire to pursue the hydrogen route at this time, which is understandable as it seems that the electric buses are performing better than expected.

Of course, being out in service all day every day for most of the day, carrying passengers and earning revenue, comes in very handy. :laugh:

I suppose that while NX do not intend to invest in further hydrogen-fuelled vehicles, they will still make what use they can of these 20 examples they already have.

Great news that they can be used again from next week, if the refuelling facility is available again, but then I guess the question is how long until it breaks down again?

I would anticipate that NX will keep hold of these hydrogens for the short-term, at least until a lot more brand-new electric buses are delivered, then at some point, maybe next year, NX will hand them back to Birmingham City Council, as I presume NX only have them under some kind of lease arrangement. What BCC do with them next is anyone's guess, but it is no longer a problem for NX to deal with!
A Hydrogen Bus actually in service, blimey, when & where can i phot such a rare beast ?
Last post by Bob - Yesterday at 09:22:56 PM
Shame the 70s gone crap again with old Solos. Itd been better lately. They shoved 148 on it last sat, smallest bus theyve got and woefully inadequate. Was rammed when i caught it
Garage threads / Re: Acocks Green Garage
Last post by Celestial Toymaker - Yesterday at 09:21:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 04, 2024, 08:55:31 PMAnd when you told the driver he'd missed your stop after passing the first one what did he say
he said "we are allowed to delete stops if we are running late in order to keep time, as long as we do not delete timing points !" 

WM are getting like Gestapo, cant use a Camera at West Brom or Coventry (even with a license) now you can only use a bus if The Driver is keeping time, WM Buses are becoming a joke rather quickly i thought the idea was to move people from A to B not for somebody using the vehicle as he sees fit
Last post by Tony - Yesterday at 09:21:06 PM
Quote from: CKD on Yesterday at 09:10:21 PMNot that easily done. The Chaserider wasn't influenced by another vehicle into the object whereas 1846 didn't rlly hit a stationary object (by my definition) as it was hit by a 3rd party
So you have no idea of the incident involving 1846 then? If so do you know what happened to the Chaserider vehicle?

The damage that wrote 1846 off was caused by it hitting a stationary object
Last post by Bob - Yesterday at 09:18:17 PM
Quote from: Dennis Dart Plaxton Pointer on May 15, 2024, 02:05:10 PMThe lovely Pye Green circular will have later running times from Monday the 3rd June. Last 25 leaving at 21:45 and back in for 22:12 and the last 26 which will leave at 22:12 and finish at 22:42
Brave goung through chadsmoor that time of night aha
Last post by CKD - Yesterday at 09:10:21 PM
Quote from: Tony on Yesterday at 08:35:17 PMQuite easily.

The driver of 1846 hit a stationary object after being forced off course by a third party
Not that easily done. The Chaserider wasn't influenced by another vehicle into the object whereas 1846 didn't rlly hit a stationary object (by my definition) as it was hit by a 3rd party 
National Express West Midlands / Re: Oddities, defects, faults ...
Last post by Lukeee - Yesterday at 08:41:42 PM
Quote from: frostjay974 on Yesterday at 04:55:36 PM6172 has a giant national express logo on the front without the West Midlands text

@frostjay974 - I assume you mean 6712? There is no 6172, Winston
Could be 6127 as one of that batch has the same logo on the front
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk