News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Coventry Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 02:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoNi

A model of the new Coventry Station bus interchange and imposing new car park is on display at the station.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/qa4j79
The interchange will hopefully have sufficient seats to improve the pre journey experience.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/d2NA41

Sandy Lane

The new bus stops are almost in Earlsdon - a heck of a distance from the front of the station where the buses used to stop. I think it is a poor deal fom the council. A clever dismantling of what used to be a very good intermodal transport point. Is the taxis rank going over there as well? I bet it will be quicker to walk straight to town than use the bus? Cars rule the world in Coventry.

Tony

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 09, 2018, 06:01:06 PM
The new bus stops are almost in Earlsdon - a heck of a distance from the front of the station where the buses used to stop. I think it is a poor deal fom the council. A clever dismantling of what used to be a very good intermodal transport point. Is the taxis rank going over there as well? I bet it will be quicker to walk straight to town than use the bus? Cars rule the world in Coventry.

The bus interchange is the width of Warwick Road away from the station and fully undercover walkway, that's far better the the current arrangement where you get wet in the rain

JoNi

When I've asked TfWM what the current bus hub will be used for is a car pick up point. The 600 space car park will bring more cars to an already congested area.

DeanM66A

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2018, 06:31:42 PM
The bus interchange is the width of Warwick Road away from the station and fully undercover walkway, that's far better the the current arrangement where you get wet in the rain
Considerably better, especially when you consider that the new station building will be adjacent to Warwick Road and that the platforms will be extended west, with the new bay platform west of Warwick Road.

DeanM66A

Quote from: JoNi on March 09, 2018, 07:33:27 PM
When I've asked TfWM what the current bus hub will be used for is a car pick up point. The 600 space car park will bring more cars to an already congested area.
The congested area is called "Coventry".
I visited Coventry this afternoon. I caught the 12X from the station, it was painfully slow, especially along Earl Street.  I caught an 8A back so that I could see the chaos in Corporation Street caused by some, presumably essential but seemingly un-manned road works.
Until there's a political will to actively restrict car use in town centres, it'll get steadily worse. 
I shall walk next time; one less fare for the blameless bus operator.

Sandy Lane

The city centre needs something radical doing about the car problem. Hear there was a 3 hour gridlock today?? Council won't do much I bet as this is car city.

La La Land time - If cars were banned and bus was the only way to town could the buses cope?

Coventry Transport Dude

While walking down The Burges earlier tonight to get my No.16 Bus home, i overheard a couple of people outside the McDonalds there say the words "MERRY CHRISTMAS" ???  I automatically thought they'd been smoking something that they shouldn't have done, as it's not a rare thing for some people here in Coventry to actually do (lol), but why the hell are they talking about Christmas of all things, i ask myself ??? But then another girl came out of McDonalds a split second later and said the same thing ?  At the time of me passing by these people, there was a single decker "NX Cov" Bus (873) standing parked a few feet up from them and as i carried on walking down to my stop, i just happened to glance back at this Bus and much to my amusement, plastered all across its Destination Box were the words "MERRY CHRISTMAS" !!!!!lol.  The Burges can be a very rough place to be at times and not the sort of place you'd wanna hang around in at night (or even in the day sometimes ?lol), but thanks to 873's Driver having a bit of a sense of humour, he sure helped to lighten the atmosphere there tonight and put a wry smile on peoples faces, as well as confusing them at the same time ???lol. ("BRILLIANT" !).

Tony

4395 is having its first day in service at Coventry on the 21 today

JoNi

4395 should be 1012 6 TF 6A 1119 VF 1222 TA 6 1329 LH from town for any dudes that want to see it.

JoNi

21 terminating at Bell Green due to burst water main in Hillmorton Road Wood End. Cause found out by listening to radio in a cafe. Must put the idea to TfWM of having the local radio on in Pool Meadow like in other towns and cities. Must find out who the leader in TfWM is who can achieve that!

JoNi

JoNi

2145 is named Bill Dunning!

John

Quote from: JoNi on April 03, 2018, 10:18:17 AM
2145 is named Bill Dunning!

Thought that 20 branded 2169 was named after Bill Dunning?

JoNi

Haven't seen 2169 today. I only saw the offside and got poor picture.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk