News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

It has a manual fold out ramp

ntw456

Adam 404

Related Dennis Dart is for sale on Ebay - S310SHB
S309SHB is owned by Social Travel...
In case anyone was interested.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dennis-Dart-SPD-Super-Pointer-Dart-/111882433365?hash=item1a0cb67355:g:qcsAAOSw5ZBWOI9K

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 17, 2016, 04:08:26 PM
Related Dennis Dart is for sale on Ebay - S310SHB
S309SHB is owned by Social Travel...
In case anyone was interested.  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dennis-Dart-SPD-Super-Pointer-Dart-/111882433365?hash=item1a0cb67355:g:qcsAAOSw5ZBWOI9K
Its been on there for months.
S309SHB is not in use with Social Travel anymore.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

S301 & 309 were both non dda as is the one on eBay  (probably why it ain't selling ) S301 has now been scrapped with 309 due to join it as a baked beans can very soon.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Steveminor on February 17, 2016, 10:13:19 PM
S301 & 309 were both non dda as is the one on eBay  (probably why it ain't selling ) S301 has now been scrapped with 309 due to join it as a baked beans can very soon.

Shame, nice enough buses those SPD's.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on February 17, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
Shame, nice enough buses those SPD's.

Very true, are all spds now not dda compliant?

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 18, 2016, 09:22:22 AM
Very true, are all spds now not dda compliant?
No there are DDA compliant SPD.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Busman Jamie

The 2 52 plate SPDs select have are Dda, think the v reg travel express had was dda aswell

Is there a timetable for the 11C yet @Steveminor?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ntw456

ntw456

Have social travel lost the optare havent seen it for a while?

Grinder

I know it's a little late to be posting about a withdrawn service but the 74 from Cannock to Stafford seems to me to have been a strange choice considering the time and cost of 40 miles of dead running from base to start point and back to base for each vehicle every day.  A second point is the addition of 2 addons to that service on the basis of what local politicians clambered for without any market research is very odd.  The 74A via Walton on the Hill did not need an hourly service.  Arriva withdrew their service because when the council subsidy was withdrawn passenger numbers did not justify an hourly service.  What the residents of the area would have been extremely happy to see, and I know this because I live there, would have been 2 services a day, mid morning into Stafford and mid afternoon return which could have generated the passenger numbers required.  The 74S via Brocton, destination displays showed the name as Broxton, was never going to be viable.  The only service this village has had in the last 10 years was for 6 months when Arriva's 825 had to be diverted through the village because the normal direct route was blocked by road works.  The claim about the delays caused by the road works on Radford Bank is a bit over the top, yes there were delays of up to 20 minutes at peak times but the norm was 10 minutes and that time would have been made up by layover time in Stafford and Cannock.  The truth is that the service would never have been viable because it is a mainly rural route except to a couple of miles at each end.  As a matter of interest to support this is the fact that Arriva have withdrawn higher capacity 74 seaters and replaced them with their standard 40+ seaters.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I hope that the team at Social Travel will learn from the mistakes made on this route and prosper on others.

Bryan

Quote from: Grinder on March 19, 2016, 12:11:19 PM
I know it's a little late to be posting about a withdrawn service but the 74 from Cannock to Stafford seems to me to have been a strange choice....

.....Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I hope that the team at Social Travel will learn from the mistakes made on this route and prosper on others.

I doubt it. They operated on the 11C Outer Circle, then left it and are now back on it again, a very long circular route going in one direction only, unlike National Express which goes both ways. It will be interesting to see how long they remain on the 11C before they then go off onto another route! 

Dylanbusboy45

Alexander bodied Darts Y338/371FJN are on the 11 today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk