News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: mranon on January 18, 2016, 10:13:06 PM
bob they wasn't always like that!!! however I remember many buses out in service with non-working speedos! however they had an identity, most of their drivers worked for them for years, and as far as their services I used to use as a teenager, they were never far off scheduled time.

Exactly!  What went wrong

ntw456

One of the ex stagecoach buses broken down on the a34 the front o/s is on its rim looks like a blowout also has anyone noticed on the s74 it says broxton not brocton

LG

Quote from: Dutsey on January 19, 2016, 12:16:45 PM
This seems to me like an operation looking at the short term and trying to make a fast buck without giving any consideration to passengers.

Tony alluded to it earlier but new routes can be found. Take the Xpre55 run by Central Buses. 2 brand new buses , route branded (I know people don't like this), free wifi and offering a direct service between Lichfield and Tamworth at regular intervals it has been running successfully over the past two years and has also now got customer loyalty.

Arriva were left standing and now no matter what they try on the Tamworth to Lichfield bus corridor they have lost some of the market to a good competitor.

I disagree a bit.  I think Arriva have managed to pull quite a few customers back now.

The thing with central on both the 66 and x55 is they rely on running 5 mins in front of Arriva to collect passengers.  What would be nice on lichfield to tamworth would be a 15 mins service between arriva and central.  I bet central wont do this as their revenue would drop drastically

LG

Quote from: ntw456 on January 20, 2016, 02:28:03 PM
One of the ex stagecoach buses broken down on the a34 the front o/s is on its rim looks like a blowout also has anyone noticed on the s74 it says broxton not brocton

I have to laugh at this, ive not noticed but now I will be looking.  You would not expect this from a professional company like Social Travel lol.  I mean how many times do they pass the sign post for brocton and never thought oh dear weve spelt that wrong

Busman Jamie

Spelling errors quite common

ARRIVA have had spelling errors too, think it was the old fotopic site K103OHF displaying 1 WALLSALL

countryliner

@ntw456 @LG @Busman Jamie - Spelling errors on LED screens are indeed quite common. I have seen it happen with many bus operators (both large big group operators and local small independent operators). I will admit that i have even made a few minor spelling errors when programing LED displays. Errors do happen and can happen with any bus operator. I would say that National Express would be just as likely to make this mistake as Social Travel would be.

busfan2847

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 20, 2016, 09:14:00 PM
Spelling errors quite common

ARRIVA have had spelling errors too, think it was the old fotopic site K103OHF displaying 1 WALLSALL

My favourite from many years ago was a platform ticket for DONCSATER!

PM

Quote from: countryliner on January 20, 2016, 09:51:46 PM
@ntw456 @LG @Busman Jamie - Spelling errors on LED screens are indeed quite common. I have seen it happen with many bus operators (both large big group operators and local small independent operators). I will admit that i have even made a few minor spelling errors when programing LED displays. Errors do happen and can happen with any bus operator. I would say that National Express would be just as likely to make this mistake as Social Travel would be.

Hasn't Blaken(h)all spelling caused issues in the past?

Westy

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 20, 2016, 09:57:10 PM
Hasn't Blaken(h)all spelling caused issues in the past?

Yes. Mainly Arriva & Nwm in my opinion.

Bob

Some of them K-OHF were retrofitted with Leyland National  seats for service at Cannock!

@Bob - what's this got to do with Social Travel?

andy41

Quote from: LG on January 20, 2016, 06:13:39 PM
I disagree a bit.  I think Arriva have managed to pull quite a few customers back now.

The thing with central on both the 66 and x55 is they rely on running 5 mins in front of Arriva to collect passengers.  What would be nice on lichfield to tamworth would be a 15 mins service between arriva and central.  I bet central wont do this as their revenue would drop drastically

I think you need to study the timetables. 

Bob

Quote from: Bob on January 20, 2016, 11:26:53 PM
Some of them K-OHF were retrofitted with Leyland National  seats for service at Cannock!

@Bob - what's this got to do with Social Travel?

nothing but a poster mentioned the K-OHF Volvo buses earlier in the thread

James

When the X55 started it was 15 mins apart from the Arriva service. It was Arriva who moved in front first so I Central followed suit.

James

Do Social Travel still have the Optare Solo SR @Steveminor?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Steveminor

Yes she was out Friday on 74

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk