News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

countryliner

@Steveminor - Thanks for the info. I see why now. That makes sense.

Bob

Arrivas 74A flopped miserably lol

countryliner

@Bob - Well hopefully the Social Travel route will be far more successful than the Arriva route was.

Bob

I dont know....If arriva couldn't get enough passengers to run three buses an hour from  cannock to stafford. ..well there's now five....

countryliner

@Bob - I suppose that we will have to wait and see what happens. I hope that more passengers start to find out about and use their new routes 74 / 74A / S74 services.

Bob

Yea cos the timetables are easy to find.....lol

winston

PD1125565/4 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Stafford Beaconside given service number 74 effective from 06-Mar-2016.

PD1125565/5 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Stafford Hospital given service number 74A effective from 06-Mar-2016.

PD1125565/6 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Dudley Road, Rotton Park
Finish Point: Dudley Road/Bearwood
Via: Perry Barr, Erdington, Yardley, Acocks Green, Cotteridge, Bearwood
Service Number: 11C
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 07-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Friday except public and bank holidays

justlookingaround

Well that was short lived then.

Bryan

Quote from: Winston on January 15, 2016, 11:58:03 AM
PD1125565/4 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Stafford Beaconside given service number 74 effective from 06-Mar-2016.

PD1125565/5 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Stafford Hospital given service number 74A effective from 06-Mar-2016.

PD1125565/6 - SOCIAL TRAVEL PRIVATE LIMITED, UNIT 1 BRITTANIA WORKS, ENGINE STREET, SMETHWICK, B66 2DR
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Dudley Road, Rotton Park
Finish Point: Dudley Road/Bearwood
Via: Perry Barr, Erdington, Yardley, Acocks Green, Cotteridge, Bearwood
Service Number: 11C
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 07-MAR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Friday except public and bank holidays

If I'd put money on how long they would last on the 74 and 74A, I would have said three or four months before submitting a cancellation notice, but this is ridiculous.

And now the're going to start again on the 11C !!!!!

I'm at a loss for words, other than to say the company certainly does not endear or deserve customer loyalty, or even deserve any customers at all!

Kevin

Oh this is just gold  :D :D :D .........
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Ashley 60171

Eating my words for lunch lol.

Steveminor

Well what you want us to do continue sitting in ridiculous traffic & receiving bol&&$ing from the tc for running late whilst another operator  continues to run unregistered services unchallenged it's an absolute joke

Quote from: Steveminor on January 15, 2016, 02:09:06 PM
Well what you want us to do continue sitting in ridiculous traffic & receiving bol&&$ing from the tc for running late whilst another operator  continues to run unregistered services unchallenged it's an absolute joke

Based on your past moves, I highly doubt this is an accurate reflection of the truth.

Surely it would be a variation if that were the case?

Bryan

Quote from: Steveminor on January 15, 2016, 02:09:06 PM

Surely the route was tested out in advance in normal traffic before submitting the route application?

Adam 404

Quote from: Bryan on January 15, 2016, 03:29:31 PM
Surely the route was tested out in advance in normal traffic before submitting the route application?
I understand @Steveminor 's decision but weren't Social already aware of this with the 74 already in operation before this. Or if this has just arised as a problem, surely there would be a better investigation on reasons why it might be happening adjusting the timetable where possible.
Is there a particular area where delays occur?
@Bryan  is also correct that it should of been tested out beforehand.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk