News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

Let me get one thing straight we didn't invite the tc at all.
If any bus has missed part of the route this would show up on our etm data & our own monitor who randomly checks our services to ensure compliance.  We take operating to the correct route & timetable very serious too many operators have lost discs recently to take that risk. So risking the business just to pick up 30 or 40 passengers that would probably have caught our bus anyway just isn't worth it.
As for the technology park!! Clearly you don't know what our registration says, otherwise you wouldn't keep questioning why our buses are doing this or going there.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but if you are accusing us of serving a location we haven't registered then why don't you ask via pm if we serve that point before throwing out wild accusations.
Anyway reading your post about the hospital incident you don't actually make any sense.
If we didn't go into the hospital then leave an elderly passenger at the next stop cause she wanted to go to the hospital. Surely if she was at the next stop then that's passed the hospital, so how could she have wanted to go there shed have had to be at the stop before the hospital.

LG

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 08:52:51 PM
Let me get one thing straight we didn't invite the tc at all.
If any bus has missed part of the route this would show up on our etm data & our own monitor who randomly checks our services to ensure compliance.  We take operating to the correct route & timetable very serious too many operators have lost discs recently to take that risk. So risking the business just to pick up 30 or 40 passengers that would probably have caught our bus anyway just isn't worth it.
As for the technology park!! Clearly you don't know what our registration says, otherwise you wouldn't keep questioning why our buses are doing this or going there.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but if you are accusing us of serving a location we haven't registered then why don't you ask via pm if we serve that point before throwing out wild accusations.
Anyway reading your post about the hospital incident you don't actually make any sense.
If we didn't go into the hospital then leave an elderly passenger at the next stop cause she wanted to go to the hospital. Surely if she was at the next stop then that's passed the hospital, so how could she have wanted to go there shed have had to be at the stop before the hospital.

Sorry let me clarify.  I was on the Arriva 74 and was on the top deck.  The Social travel bus then didnt serve the hospital and went straight through the traffic lights.  Then I heard the elderly passenger ask the Arriva Driver "how do I get to the hospital now as I have just got off that bus and after saying he hoes to the hospital has left me here".

I hope that clears things up for you. 

Steveminor

Must have good hearing to hear an elderly passenger from the top deck.
Do you have a vehicle reg & time for me so I can investigate please.

domino.99

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 09:02:34 PM
Must have good hearing to hear an elderly passenger from the top deck.
Do you have a vehicle reg & time for me so I can investigate please.

Bit sterotypical saying all elderly people are very quiet when speaking!

Steveminor

Not what I'm saying at all dom. It's just a true fact that sometimes it's difficult to hear anyone talk to the driver when you're upstairs.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 09:14:53 PM
Not what I'm saying at all dom. It's just a true fact that sometimes it's difficult to hear anyone talk to the driver when you're upstairs.

Seconded. It wasn't meant as a stereotype.

Just seems like the small fish is taking an arse pelting from the bigger fish again.

If people have queries/complaints then nothings to be gained from trying to instigate a row. However if and only if Arriva are guilty of what's been mentions then why should they get away with the sort of antics that got Travel Express etc in the doghouse (hopefully that's as impartial as intended)

Steveminor

Thank you Ashley don't think you could get more impartial.
I'll state this for the record & try & nip this in the bud right now. If anyone has any issues regarding any social travel bus, service or driver then please there is a pm button hit that & message me directly with dates times registration number & a description of the incident. I can then investigate the matter & take appropriate action (as others can testify to).
This is an Internet forum to exchange information & ask questions and let others know about bus movements & service changes. It shouldn't be a place to try & run down an operator. I have always tried to be open & honest on this forum & always will be. But if people who want to hide their real identities try to use this forum to cause trouble by telling such blatant lies then I ain't interested.

Liberator9

Fully agree with that - if anyone has an issue with a bus operator, do what any ordinary customer would do, contact the company directly in private. There's no need to constantly post suspicions publicly that Social are failing to operate in a correct manner. It's good of @Steveminor to come on here and be a focal point for any questions or interest in their operations.

Bob

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on September 20, 2015, 09:38:06 PM
Seconded. It wasn't meant as a stereotype.

Just seems like the small fish is taking an arse pelting from the bigger fish again.

If people have queries/complaints then nothings to be gained from trying to instigate a row. However if and only if Arriva are guilty of what's been mentions then why should they get away with the sort of antics that got Travel Express etc in the doghouse (hopefully that's as impartial as intended)

it'll be interesting to see what Arriva do/how they react if & when other routes competing with them  are launched!

Busman Jamie

wasnt arriva behaving the same way in Burton against Midland Classic? no wonder Select,D&G,Central,Social, and other dmall independants are attacking on routes.... look at the X70 timed to leave at 55 the hour, you stand in Cannock at 8.50 when Select67 nxwm154 are due off and Ariva decide to wait till 58 before leaving causing other operators to run late

barry619

Quote from: Steveminor on September 20, 2015, 07:38:00 PM
Clearly from comments on here from people I suspect are connected with or are actually from arriva.

Umm, no. I just think it is a little naive of you to be giving so much away about your business, and what you think your competitors are doing, via a public forum.

andy41

The problem is that in situations like this, an internet forum containing representatives of the businesses involved just becomes the equivalent of the local corner shop in the 80's and 90's. I saw entire villages turned against operators back then because of local gossips.

However Steve, the problem for you is that unfortunately so many of the operations you have been associated with over the years have been utterly hopeless and indeed associated with exactly the sort of behaviour that people describe here, whether on this occasion true or not. Those businesses have also generally ended up either folding, being dealt with by the TC or just flitting butterfly like from one route to another with no regard for the 'loyal passengers' you allege you acquire.

You therefore can't act with horror and surprise that you get the treatment you do.

Personally, if I as a neutral witness any law breaking by an operator I report it straight to VOSA. Feedback and complaints is one thing, law breaking is another. In my experience an operator who partakes in that sort of behaviour won't change their spots because of the occasional report from the member of the public. They will only respond to enforcement. So VOSA is the way forward and that's what I recommend every time.

Steveminor

I take your point to a certain extent but claribels are still here & petes & bham coach were just bought by go ahead so not really cowboy operators that folded. Zaks only went when kevin died so there you have it. But these comments aren't aimed at me but an operator who has done nothing wrong. I can't do any better than state as I have before pm me with full details & I WILL investigate & take appropriate action.
What more can I do.

Ck

74 broken down just outside Huntington :(

MW

Both of them were on the 11C today. The ALX200, and the X183 Dart. ALX looked like route training, was running with in between Kings Heath and Cotteridge on the C.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk