News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Screw it, I'm gonna go out and admire the chaos today, see quite how bad the last saturday before christmas can get
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Kevin on December 21, 2013, 09:30:33 AM
Screw it, I'm gonna go out and admire the chaos today, see quite how bad the last saturday before christmas can get

Don't miss the Bristol Rd or Pershore...

The 49's are bunching together, the BR 5-7 together, Pershore Road is OK at the moment, usual delays on the East - 97's, Coventry Rd etc

Seasonally volume of Police in the vicinity and someone jumping off the Grovesnor Building in Northfield...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Kevin

Interesting... X51 is on time and relatively empty... In fact the A34 corridor in general is quieter than a normal Saturday. Wellington road roundabout in Perry Barr seems a doddle ... Confusing

John

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 01:47:43 PM
The 49's are bunching together

4090 was my 49 from Maypole to Solihull, and a Trident came in right behind it. We were following it all the way to Solihull

There was also a 900 and 900E following each other out of Birmingham on Small Heath Highway this afternoon as well

Liverpool Street

Quote from: John on December 21, 2013, 04:20:21 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 21, 2013, 01:47:43 PM
The 49's are bunching together

4090 was my 49 from Maypole to Solihull, and a Trident came in right behind it. We were following it all the way to Solihull

There was also a 900 and 900E following each other out of Birmingham on Small Heath Highway this afternoon as well

Well AVL have their work cut out
                       Providing you don't convert to White-Shirtism when you're bored of driving!

EDIT: just seen two 49's together again just left West Heath. Trident and a B7. Unidentifiable how fast they blew past me.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Why is there a whole AVL v Drivers thing. Surely the two can work together...

...or am I being cynical?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 21, 2013, 04:33:14 PM
Why is there a whole AVL v Drivers thing. Surely the two can work together...

...or am I being cynical?

Let's be honest it's inevitable aint it? The drivers are late and AVL realistically can only do a limited number of things to get things back on track, because they also have to think of the passengers themselves as well
I imagine it to be a similar relationship with train drivers and signallers, where the one holds up the other for "the greater good" ie if a faster train could do with getting past but the driver is bound to get annoyed with them for it

Sh4318

The 80s aren't great today, but I guess all services will be affected today
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

Quote from: Sh4318 on December 22, 2013, 06:26:38 PM

My 9 (the 17:20 from city) was 10 minutes late and RAMMED with at least 20 standees, with almost every seat upstairs taken. The 9 simply cannot cope with a 20 minute Sunday frequency (and 20 minute Saturday frequency from 6pm onwards), as this sort of thing happens most weekends!

Sh4318

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 22, 2013, 06:29:17 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on December 22, 2013, 06:26:38 PM

My 9 (the 17:20 from city) was 10 minutes late and RAMMED with at least 20 standees, with almost every seat upstairs taken. The 9 simply cannot cope with a 20 minute Sunday frequency (and 20 minute Saturday frequency from 6pm onwards), as this sort of thing happens most weekends!

My 80 from Birmingham (4233) was rather quiet today(17:35), got off my stop (Blue Gates) 10 mins late. 4273 (also on the 80) was over 20 mins late for the 18:05 from Birmingham. 4269 (the other bus on the 80) seemed fine coming from West Bromwich, that's probably all about to change ;D
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Mike K

I would imagine AVL would have had to do a lot of adjustments on Harborne services this morning due to a Renault Scenic being sandwiched in the middle of the High St between a Hansons Dart and a delivery truck. Looked like the car was trying to overtake a couple of buses stopped at the main High St stop towards city and it crossed the central road markings to squeeze through a gap far too small. Both sides of the car were badly damaged and a front wheel torn off. No injuries though.

Hansons Dart was the one that already has a big gouge down the side so maybe they might finally repair that. Traffic chaos both ways, especially from city.

John

Quote from: Mike K on December 23, 2013, 01:05:09 PM
Hansons Dart was the one that already has a big gouge down the side so maybe they might finally repair that. Traffic chaos both ways, especially from city.

Yeah I know that Dart, 'BV55 UPO', have always noticed that one with the big scrape on the offside. One of the 004 regulars

There were 2 28s following each other up Hassop Road this afternoon towards Kingstanding

nitromatt1

Saw three 222's leaving Merry Hill almost in convoy this afternoon.

the trainbasher

The X96 went in a pair from Stourbridge about half 4ish to merry Hell

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk