News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 12:57:06 AM
They shouldnt really beallowed to abuse their monopoly,  although it might save the council a few quid, the underlying thing is thats what arriva have done

They have saved the council having to pay for tendered services, but they have also cost the council money having to re-run the tender process for the bits that Arriva haven't taken on commercially.

Arriva really must have felt threatened by NXWM winning those tenders

Bob

Isnt that what competition should be about though? Even though technically they werent directly threatening them given that they were tendered services?

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 10:28:14 AM
Isnt that what competition should be about though? Even though technically they werent directly threatening them given that they were tendered services?

Yes, Exactly. Arriva have effectively shut the door to keep NXWM out of Cannock, even they were only tendered journeys it could have eventually led NXWM to start commercial services against Arriva

Bob

Maybe it will lead to that nx will know that arriva felt threatened

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 10:59:00 AM
Maybe it will lead to that nx will know that arriva felt threatened

If Arriva ever do decide to introduce any commercial routes against NX in WM, Cannock will be one of the first places that you'll see NXWM appear, especially as WA garage is close enough to operate Cannock routes from. With the state of Cannock's current fleet it would certainly work in NXWM's favour......

I'd quite like to see a spat between Arriva & NXWM in Cannock, I miss the days of bus wars..... it's a bit dull & boring these days, nothing very exciting ever happens

Bob

Theres apparently more mpd's due for cannock, so expect quality to decline even more. The B10BLE's are apparently leaving too. Theyre the only heavyweight buses there so I dont know what arriva will replace them with. Ive always thought if nx ran on the 1 with b7rles omnilinks or even old b10l's ( interior wise theyre better than arrivas sb200s and dont sound half as knackererd despite being much older) theyd quickly beat arriva (lower fares, 20 quid less for a monthly ticket) and end up the dominant operator again on the walsall cannock corridor, leaving arriva to run their knackered darts on the lightly loaded 2's lol

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 11:33:21 AM
Theres apparently more mpd's due for cannock, so expect quality to decline even more. The B10BLE's are apparently leaving too. Theyre the only heavyweight buses there so I dont know what arriva will replace them with. Ive always thought if nx ran on the 1 with b7rles omnilinks or even old b10l's ( interior wise theyre better than arrivas sb200s and dont sound half as knackererd despite being much older) theyd quickly beat arriva (lower fares, 20 quid less for a monthly ticket) and end up the dominant operator again on the walsall cannock corridor, leaving arriva to run their knackered darts on the lightly loaded 2's lol

Could still happen if Arriva introduce any commercial routes in competition with NX, it is the easiest corridor/place for NX to strike back from an existing garage.

Are Cannock now due those ex Arriva London MPD's that have been going through Hants & Dorset trim? I.e. 2163-2167

Bob

I heard from my mate ( who was told by a driver) that one of them is supposed to be cannock bound

Bob

Cant really see arriva launching any competing routes against nx at least not with the current wednesfield fleet.  Dont think the bloxwich to wolves bit of the 19 will last either.  Been a bit of a flop lol

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 12:01:21 PM
Cant really see arriva launching any competing routes against nx at least not with the current wednesfield fleet.

I think if Arriva ever managed to get their hands on Diamond it could change things, as it would give them scale in the West Midlands

Bob

Stu

Quote from: Winston on August 26, 2013, 12:12:18 PM
Cant really see arriva launching any competing routes against nx at least not with the current wednesfield fleet.

I think if Arriva ever managed to get their hands on Diamond it could change things, as it would give them scale in the West Midlands

It's funny you say that, as someone posted a rumour on my FB page that Arriva were interested in buying Diamond, from one of the Diamond drivers apparently (the rumour that is, not trying to buy Diamond off a driver!)

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on August 26, 2013, 12:58:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on August 26, 2013, 12:12:18 PM

It's funny you say that, as someone posted a rumour on my FB page that Arriva were interested in buying Diamond, from one of the Diamond drivers apparently (the rumour that is, not trying to buy Diamond off a driver!)

Arriva would be in a much stronger position if they were to get Diamond, but the only way I can see this happening is Arriva would have to make an offer for the whole of Rotala Group Plc. I can't see Rotala wanting to part with their largest operation.
I still like to see Diamond fight back and win further Centro tenders currently operated by Arriva

Bob

Would the office of ft even allow it?

winston

Quote from: bob on August 26, 2013, 01:20:37 PM
Would the office of ft even allow it?

I would have thought so, the combined fleets would only be around 250-300 buses, market share would still be way below that of NXWM

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk