News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: bob on May 29, 2013, 07:30:30 PM
Quote from: busman99 on May 29, 2013, 07:07:53 PM
Anyone heard anything about Cannock losing their tendered 2 service go NXWM on evenings??  I heard 2 drivers talking about it earlier

I hoped theyd compete on the 1 during the daytimes to be honest, cheaper fares/nicer buses would blow arriva out completely

I'd be intrigued why NX would go back to an area they've practically pulled out of, on a tender.

If they went back to Cannock in a big way, fair enough, but just on a tender, unless they used the buses coming off the X51.

Bob

They could do the first with that then have a b6 waiting to take over at walsall lol

Tony

Some Staffordshire tendered Cannock operated routes have just been renewed and the winning operators should be announced soon. If rumours are true Arriva may no longer have a monopoly in Cannock. Unless of course Arriva suddenly decided they can now oeprated them commercially

Bob

Hi tony is it just evening routes that have been tendered or daytime ones too?

notepanel

Quote from: Tony on May 30, 2013, 12:04:02 PM
Some Staffordshire tendered Cannock operated routes have just been renewed and the winning operators should be announced soon. If rumours are true Arriva may no longer have a monopoly in Cannock. Unless of course Arriva suddenly decided they can now oeprated them commercially

Very interesting Tony. I appreciate you're probably very limited to what can be said, but do you know when these tenders are due to start from?

Bob

Would be very interesting to see other operators coming into cannock. Hope its nxwm!

Bob

Anyone know when tenders will be announced?

Dylan4579

Quote from: bob on May 30, 2013, 05:49:29 PM
Anyone know when tenders will be announced?
The rumor that I heard was that diamond are moving in so expect more darts. At least diamond's dart's don't rattle and show like there is no torrmow.

Bob

Thats true to be fair some of theres are in good nick specially interiors. Still hope its NXWM whove got the 2

Westy

Can someone explain 'dead mileage' please?

Id be surprised if Diamond went into Cannock, as its a bit far from Smethwick.

The closest they get is Brownhills West & Bloxwich.

Didnt they operate extra 404s to position Walsall area vehicles?

notepanel

Quote from: Westy on May 30, 2013, 09:03:26 PM

If they have still got a decent price for the tender, dead mileage could well be accounted for.

Although it may seem a waste of resources, the cost of dead mileage obviously can't be that high, as for example at NXWM Walsall Garage several 40s & 39s commence in Wolverhampton, 10s run empty to Burntwood/Brownhills and some 51s & X51s run dead to Perry Barr or Birmingham.

In a coach sense, some National Express diagrams drive empty between Milton Keynes and Rugby, and DeCourcey vehicles drive empty to Coventry/Stratford to commence service.

The biggest issue Diamond would face though (and to an extent NXWM) is not so much the dead mileage of the vehicle, but the additional time taken for crew reliefs and travelling time for the driver at the end of shift (when it is half way through the day). This could prove quite costly and awkward (for instance if an extra car/van was required and getting necessary parking for the change to take place.  That said Blue Diamond operate several routes in the Solihull & Coventry areas and seem to be managing!   

Bob

X51s also run to and from cannock empty in the mornings and evenings. If an x51 was to arrive from brum then convert to a 2 it would make sense

Tony

Quote from: notepanel on May 30, 2013, 09:14:03 PM
Quote from: Westy on May 30, 2013, 09:03:26 PM

If they have still got a decent price for the tender, dead mileage could well be accounted for.

Although it may seem a waste of resources, the cost of dead mileage obviously can't be that high, as for example at NXWM Walsall Garage several 40s & 39s commence in Wolverhampton, 10s run empty to Burntwood/Brownhills and some 51s & X51s run dead to Perry Barr or Birmingham.

In a coach sense, some National Express diagrams drive empty between Milton Keynes and Rugby, and DeCourcey vehicles drive empty to Coventry/Stratford to commence service.

The biggest issue Diamond would face though (and to an extent NXWM) is not so much the dead mileage of the vehicle, but the additional time taken for crew reliefs and travelling time for the driver at the end of shift (when it is half way through the day). This could prove quite costly and awkward (for instance if an extra car/van was required and getting necessary parking for the change to take place.  That said Blue Diamond operate several routes in the Solihull & Coventry areas and seem to be managing!   

I am just going off to drive the 22:15 A1 from Luton Airport to London Victoria, returning empty, just over 35 miles dead. Driver on the 22:45 also does the same

Bob

As much as itd be fantastic, and put the wind up arriva, I just cant really see nx coming back to cannock thinking about it. Theyve got absolutely zero interest in the area.

andy

Quote from: bob on May 30, 2013, 09:35:18 PM
As much as itd be fantastic, and put the wind up arriva, I just cant really see nx coming back to cannock thinking about it. Theyve got absolutely zero interest in the area.

Does that mean you won't mention it 3 times a day every day any more? :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk