News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Cannock Garage

Started by sconehead85, September 15, 2012, 04:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 03, 2014, 08:17:05 PM
I'm surprised Arriva didn't have the 1 as Sapphire and 2/a as Max.

The 2 being the "secondary" route with the 1 a being the premier route

Im surprised theyve kept the longford and especially the holder drive extensions on the 2/2a the holder drive route is lucky to get one or two passengers! Btwn cannock and walsall though the 2 compete with the train so maybe theyve made it upmarket to try and compete. Although why youd siton a streetlite for 30 mins when you could jump on a train for 15 is beyond me

covlad27

Quote from: arrivadays on November 03, 2014, 04:22:12 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on November 03, 2014, 03:12:57 PM
The decker may be in for inspection or mot or may simply be required for other duties I.e school runs. But all the 74/75 are running so can't complain especially since the routes have been single deck for years.

Bob, have you missed this? It's possible that, as Steve has said, there could be decker(s) in for inspection.  Would you rather have a route always operated by double deckers, but are unreliable and potentially unsafe?

My mate has said that the deckers have been in for safety service and are now awaiting parts and then will be back out.  Apparently not been that well maintained by tamworth

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on November 03, 2014, 08:24:08 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 03, 2014, 08:17:05 PM
I'm surprised Arriva didn't have the 1 as Sapphire and 2/a as Max.

The 2 being the "secondary" route with the 1 a being the premier route

Im surprised theyve kept the longford and especially the holder drive extensions on the 2/2a the holder drive route is lucky to get one or two passengers! Btwn cannock and walsall though the 2 compete with the train so maybe theyve made it upmarket to try and compete. Although why youd siton a streetlite for 30 mins when you could jump on a train for 15 is beyond me

I believe the Holder Drive and Longford extensions are tendered so will continue until either the end of the contract or Arriva gives them up.

Bob

Theyd have to be as they would never pay commercially.  Id have just thought theyd have hived them off into a separate route.  Surprised they extended the evening 2's though considering they run them for free

Westy

Wasnt they separate routes before?

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on November 04, 2014, 05:38:58 AM
Wasnt they separate routes before?

Yes, 20/21 I think. Guess it works better operationally to run them off the 2.

Bob

Longford estate used to be the 27. It involved placing journeys connected with the lichfield service so was often an olympian or lynx

andyr

Sapphire on the 2 service. Should be " soul destroying ". Awful in every way. Loud engine, wrongly geared and awful gear changes. Will drive into Walsall from Cheslyn Hay in future as usual.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on November 04, 2014, 04:02:48 PM
Sapphire on the 2 service. Should be " soul destroying ". Awful in every way. Loud engine, wrongly geared and awful gear changes. Will drive into Walsall from Cheslyn Hay in future as usual.

Voith are going in this week to sort the gearboxes out

Bob

Not impressed with the Streetlites then ? To be fair, whilst far from the standard of a B7RLE/Citaro and possibly even to a degree Pulsar, the one I got on the 1 wasnt really as bad as I expected it to be. Although I would think theyre more suited to midibus/local services where the racket only has to be put up with for a few minutes at a time rather than 'luxury' interurban services..

Bob

Does that mean theyre going to be off the road then Tony?

Tony

Quote from: Bob on November 04, 2014, 04:24:19 PM
Does that mean theyre going to be off the road then Tony?

They are badly set up as Andyr says. Not Wright's fault. Voith should need to just get on correct then put those settings into a laptop and plug it into the rest of them. There are stories another two got accident damage yesterday. Don't know if it is true yet. One a car driver s fault. The other a driver hitting street furniture

Bob

Jeeez are these the unluckiest batch of new buses ever? Lol

andyr

Well i will give them another chance when next back off tour. The bus in to Walsall was a pulsar and was very impressed. I felt so sorry for the driver of Sapphire on return journey, pax moaning about his driving skills but i new was  not  down to him. On a plus side both buses were very clean, nice and warm and clean windows. Feel guilty  complaining now. Thanks Tony for info on gearbox.

arrivadays

The only problem across the whole range of StreetLites is that the gearboxes jerk at times, jolting you forward, if the revs get too low.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk