News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Electric Buses

Started by Tony, February 01, 2020, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

E009 on delivery - goes without saying, but not my photograph ;)
https://flic.kr/p/2iBqkXz

Additionally, E004 was delivered to Yardley Wood today - saw it arriving around 1pm
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Tony

When I left BC earlier

E001; E002; E003 & E004 were all at YW (E001 will return to BC for additional fitments, one of the other 3 will go to CV for training there to commence)

E006 was at BC with E005 & E007 expected.

In the photo I suspect E009 was heading to BYD's place as it is not due until next week

Tiptonian

These buses should be shouting from the rooftops exactly what they are, with a head-turning, bright and dazzling new livery. To achieve anything like that with this as a base is going to take an awful lot of vynil.  :(

darthdc

Quote from: Tiptonian on March 07, 2020, 12:38:18 AM
These buses should be shouting from the rooftops exactly what they are, with a head-turning, bright and dazzling new livery. To achieve anything like that with this as a base is going to take an awful lot of vynil.  :(

I imagine they will have some livery that will plug their electric status to the hilltops.

Gareth

If the livery is what was posted somewhere on here from a NX financial report, they look great. Yes, there's quite a bit of vinyl, but all branded buses have that. They look classy. 

Stu

Quote from: Tiptonian on March 07, 2020, 12:38:18 AM

As I've said previously, there could be some good marketing promo stuff if done properly... we have the 'Electric 6' after all, and to celebrate we could have some 'improper dancing' in the 'middle of the street', or specifically the Stratford Road through Hall Green and Shirley...

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Stu on March 07, 2020, 07:46:01 PM
As I've said previously, there could be some good marketing promo stuff if done properly... we have the 'Electric 6' after all, and to celebrate we could have some 'improper dancing' in the 'middle of the street', or specifically the Stratford Road through Hall Green and Shirley...

Was thinking more... (same band)

The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

karl724223

Or you might just get the dick head mayor of greater Birmingham and a tv crew

j789

Quote from: karl724223 on March 07, 2020, 08:42:40 PM
Or you might just get the dick head mayor of greater Birmingham and a tv crew

To be fair, the current mayor has shown a very pro transport stance since being elected and it is actually nice to see in the press him being so complimentary about NXWM. Usually the politicians love scoring points criticising local transport companies so it makes a refreshing change seeing someone be supportive of what NX are trying to do in the West Midlands.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: CL on March 06, 2020, 08:09:55 PM
E009 on delivery - goes without saying, but not my photograph ;)
https://flic.kr/p/2iBqkXz

At 09:40 this morning (Mon 09/03/2020), E009 was going southbound on the M40 at Jct 7 on it's way to BYD Iver for PDI before going back up the M40 to BC.

Busboy105

Seen E001 at Digbeth this morning. The back screen display looks way better on these than the MMCs.

CL

E007 out on training duties, just arriving into Birmingham now; E001 not far behind - at Adderley Street now

Been told of E003 which was sighted in Coventry about an hour ago
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

darthdc

Quote from: CL on March 13, 2020, 10:06:07 AM
E007 out on training duties, just arriving into Birmingham now

E001 not far behind - at Adderley Street now

Saw E007 in Yardley Wood Rd, by Billesley Fire Station around 13:15. See its been given its fleet number.

BK63 YWP

Does the upper deck of the electric buses have the same as the ALX 400 B7TLs with two rows of seats in front of the stairs?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on March 16, 2020, 09:04:49 PM
Does the upper deck of the electric buses have the same as the ALX 400 B7TLs with two rows of seats in front of the stairs?

Yes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk