News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0000226/18 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
        Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Warwickshire, Ullenhall, Winged Spur and Solihull, Civic Hall Car Park South given service number Solihull Shopper effective from 14-Sep-2015.

PD0000226/122 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Stratford upon Avon
        Finish Point: Solihull
        Via:
        Service Number: 520
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 14-SEP-2015
        Other Details: Monday to Saturday.

Solo1

Quote from: Winston on July 24, 2015, 12:52:03 PM
PD0000226/18 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
        Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Warwickshire, Ullenhall, Winged Spur and Solihull, Civic Hall Car Park South given service number Solihull Shopper effective from 14-Sep-2015.

PD0000226/122 - JOHNSONS (HENLEY) LTD, LIVERIDGE HOUSE, LIVERIDGE HILL, HENLEY-IN-ARDEN, B95 5QS
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Stratford upon Avon
        Finish Point: Solihull
        Via:
        Service Number: 520
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 14-SEP-2015
        Other Details: Monday to Saturday.
wonder if this service is  a 1 trip each way or bus every hour

the trainbasher

At least one tempo on the 87 today

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

A&M Flexibus currently run the 520 service between Stratford-upon-Avon and Baddesley Clinton (near the Solihull boundary) on Tuesdays & Fridays.
If Johnsons are willing to run an enhanced service extended to offer a useful destination in either direction then I shall wish them the best of luck, can't see it being any more than two or three return journeys a day.

Quote from: Solo1 on July 24, 2015, 04:12:14 PM
wonder if this service is  a 1 trip each way or bus every hour

D10

The new E400s for the X20 should start to enter service from the 7th September: :)

http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/news-detail.php?NewsID=245

Interesting bit of info in the Historic Route section though. I had always thought that motor bus (as opposed to horse and cart)operation of this route had only been Johnsons for the last few years. I had only ever previously associated the X20 / 150 route with Midland Red, Stratford Blue, Midland Red (South) and Stagecoach.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: D10 on July 25, 2015, 01:35:23 PM
The new E400s for the X20 should start to enter service from the 7th September: :)

http://www.johnsonscoaches.co.uk/news-detail.php?NewsID=245

Interesting bit of info in the Historic Route section though. I had always thought that motor bus (as opposed to horse and cart)operation of this route had only been Johnsons for the last few years. I had only ever previously associated the X20 / 150 route with Midland Red, Stratford Blue, Midland Red (South) and Stagecoach.

Johnsons were carriers in the early 20th century and would no doubt have carried goods and occasional passengers along what is now the X20 route.  However, I have found no record that they ran a bus service to Birmingham until recent times.  There was a Saturday evening Stratford - Birmingham service (1 journey each way)  for a short while in 1990-91, but they only came onto the X20 in 2009.

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on July 25, 2015, 07:42:41 PM
Johnsons were carriers in the early 20th century and would no doubt have carried goods and occasional passengers along what is now the X20 route.  However, I have found no record that they ran a bus service to Birmingham until recent times.  There was a Saturday evening Stratford - Birmingham service (1 journey each way)  for a short while in 1990-91, but they only came onto the X20 in 2009.
I assume the E400s will be lower to fit under Bearley bridge. It is a little unnerving to sit on the top deck of the present deckers to see the flashing warning lights and 'Turn Back' message!
Tony

domino.99

Stupid question but, E400 or E400MMC?

BK63 YWP

Quote from: Dom on July 25, 2015, 08:20:50 PM

E400 mmc euro 6 engine is what the page say
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

domino.99

Quote from: Chris on July 25, 2015, 09:15:23 PM
E400 mmc euro 6 engine is what the page say

No it just says Enviro 400's ad considering you can get euro 6 versions of both is quite confusing, hence the question.

Reece

Quote from: Dom on July 25, 2015, 08:20:50 PM
@Dom No they are E400MMC's got told this by a Johnson's driver about a months ago.

Stu

They had a demonstrator on loan a while back too.

http://wmbusphotos.com/Johnsons/YY64GWX.html

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4194

Quote from: Stu on July 26, 2015, 04:04:51 PM
They had a demonstrator on loan a while back too.

http://wmbusphotos.com/Johnsons/YY64GWX.html

Is that my eyes or are there rear facing seats on the upper deck by the stairs?

Rob H

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 26, 2015, 04:23:16 PM
Is that my eyes or are there rear facing seats on the upper deck by the stairs?

They are rear facing seats :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4194

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk