News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 09:54:03 AMUntil this is resolved the new fare structure is fundamentally useless and alienating to the general public.
Only for those who pay with contactless bank cards. Hence why TfWM have suddenly remembered about their Swift Go product and are encouraging its uptake again.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Straightlines

Quote from: Stu on June 30, 2023, 10:11:44 AMOnly for those who pay with contactless bank cards. Hence why TfWM have suddenly remembered about their Swift Go product and are encouraging its uptake again.
That's ok then, it's only most semi regular / irregular users then!  

Aka the customers who are most likely to be alienated and seek alternate travel methods.

Stu

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 10:16:35 AMThat's ok then, it's only most semi regular / irregular users then! 

Aka the customers who are most likely to be alienated and seek alternate travel methods.

Well I did warn about this earlier in the year!

OPINION: "Risk" of passengers being overcharged when using contactless, but there's already a solution
https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/01/opinion-risk-of-passengers-being-overcharged-when-using-contactless-but-theres-already-a-solution/
My locals:

Straightlines

Quote from: Stu on June 30, 2023, 10:33:25 AMWell I did warn about this earlier in the year!

OPINION: "Risk" of passengers being overcharged when using contactless, but there's already a solution
https://wmbu.org.uk/2023/01/opinion-risk-of-passengers-being-overcharged-when-using-contactless-but-theres-already-a-solution/

TfWM are trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted, the reality is capping could have been delivered by specifying a standard ticket machine rather than letting operators choose a few years back!

Tony

Quote from: Stu on June 30, 2023, 10:11:44 AMOnly for those who pay with contactless bank cards. Hence why TfWM have suddenly remembered about their Swift Go product and are encouraging its uptake again.
And even then you can still buy a paper day ticket with contactless to avoid the problem

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2023, 11:03:26 AMAnd even then you can still buy a paper day ticket with contactless to avoid the problem
You aren't avoiding the problem though as paper tickets don't cap.

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 11:14:05 AMYou aren't avoiding the problem though as paper tickets don't cap.
Paper tickets do cap. Once you've bought one you don't buy anymore.

Straightlines

Quote from: Tony on June 30, 2023, 11:25:57 AMPaper tickets do cap. Once you've bought one you don't buy anymore.
But not over multiple days they don't. (Breaking news: Which is what customers actually want!)

sonic84

Has it been confirmed whether the new nbus ticket will be valid to Bromsgrove on the 20, Lichfield on the X3 and Cannock on the X51?

This doesn't appear to have been made clear anywhere as the existing nbus is not valid to these locations 

Stu

Quote from: sonic84 on June 30, 2023, 04:20:07 PMHas it been confirmed whether the new nbus ticket will be valid to Bromsgrove on the 20, Lichfield on the X3 and Cannock on the X51?

This doesn't appear to have been made clear anywhere as the existing nbus is not valid to these locations
Its a good question and one I eagerly await a response to, same as for those routes from Coventry to Nuneaton, Leamington Spa and Rugby.
My locals:

suavegarv

Probably better to ask for a paper ticket when paying contactless for the nbus ticket to avoid paying too much.
Eg catching Diamond from Kings Heath to town, Arriva 110 from town to Sutton,NX from Sutton to West Brom.
How far can you go on the 110?

suavegarv

Quote from: Straightlines on June 30, 2023, 10:40:09 AMTfWM are trying to close the stable door after the horse has bolted, the reality is capping could have been delivered by specifying a standard ticket machine rather than letting operators choose a few years back!
Does capping work in other areas where different operators use the same machines such as Merseyside and Manchester or in  Nottingham where Trent Barton use Ticketer and Nottingham City Transport use Init?

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Stu on June 30, 2023, 04:51:24 PMIts a good question and one I eagerly await a response to, same as for those routes from Coventry to Nuneaton, Leamington Spa and Rugby.
Nxc have said Nuneaton/ Bedworth/ leamington spa will be covered by the new nbus
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Kevin_Brum12

Quote from: suavegarv on June 30, 2023, 04:53:59 PMProbably better to ask for a paper ticket when paying contactless for the nbus ticket to avoid paying too much.
Eg catching Diamond from Kings Heath to town, Arriva 110 from town to Sutton,NX from Sutton to West Brom.
How far can you go on the 110?
If the boundary remains the same as the current Nbus it would be Ashfurlong Road in Whitehouse Common, the north eastern tip of the City of Birmingham.  If the same principle is applied as what NX are applying in Coventry, it would be the terminus in Tamworth.  I guess one way to confirm would be someone getting on the 110 in Tamworth on Monday morning, asking for "a day ticket I can use on the buses in Birmingham" and seeing what they get from the driver.... 

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on June 30, 2023, 07:47:37 PMIf the boundary remains the same as the current Nbus it would be Ashfurlong Road in Whitehouse Common, the north eastern tip of the City of Birmingham.  If the same principle is applied as what NX are applying in Coventry, it would be the terminus in Tamworth.  I guess one way to confirm would be someone getting on the 110 in Tamworth on Monday morning, asking for "a day ticket I can use on the buses in Birmingham" and seeing what they get from the driver....
N Bus is valid up To the Bassetts Pole by the Crematorium on the 110.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk