News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stafford depot

Started by madmaxx, July 29, 2012, 01:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

I offically transferred there and was one of the first to drive them and they were great plus had a cummins engine so were smooth and not noisy like the other ones

andy

Quote from: Discodave on October 09, 2012, 12:29:16 PM
I offically transferred there and was one of the first to drive them and they were great plus had a cummins engine so were smooth and not noisy like the other ones

The shoe was on the other foot for once, we were turning up in Lichfield in old Scanias and Volvos looking on enviously! How times have changed..

I loved driving the full 825's, a shift on those was actually a pleasure. I always volunteered to go on loan to Stafford whenever the chance came along.

Bob

The V-DBC Volvo was heading back to Cannock down the M6 at 745 this morning, maybe it was working the 837

Discodave

Quote from: andy on October 09, 2012, 12:33:13 PM
Quote from: Discodave on October 09, 2012, 12:29:16 PM

The shoe was on the other foot for once, we were turning up in Lichfield in old Scanias and Volvos looking on enviously! How times have changed..

I loved driving the full 825's, a shift on those was actually a pleasure. I always volunteered to go on loan to Stafford whenever the chance came along.

I was on the out of town rota and did the 825 regular it was great,  the 876 (76) was the downside at times used to like the uttoxeter when at Stafford when going out there was not back for ages then by the time you got back to stafford it was shift over.  Was wierd when on loan then Cannock (even though it was nearer to my house).  Why did I transfer back I must have been mad but looking at now glad I do not drive buses the job is thankless.  Did have some good times though even if I moan a bit. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk