News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stafford depot

Started by madmaxx, July 29, 2012, 01:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2012, 09:38:59 PM
Quote from: bob on August 03, 2012, 09:29:32 PM
i wonder what extra work cannock will be doing, they wont be likely to extend their cannock network lol crap as it is

Cannock's current allocation is 61 vehicles; Tamworth's is 44; Stafford's is 26. So that allows for 48 extra vehicles between the three depots. That is far too many just to allow for normal service improvements etc. It does look like they are preparing have another operator's routes moved in

I wonder whose though? That's a lot of extra vehicles for just one operator acquisition and I can't think of anyone in the area?

They will certainly be cramming them in at Cannock, they must be moving the training fleet and reserve fleet elsewhere to get them in. Even squeezing another 6 in at Tamworth would be fun unless they're only Enviro 200's or something similar.

Tony

Quote from: andy on August 03, 2012, 09:56:32 PM
i wonder what extra work cannock will be doing, they wont be likely to extend their cannock network lol crap as it is

Cannock's current allocation is 61 vehicles; Tamworth's is 44; Stafford's is 26. So that allows for 48 extra vehicles between the three depots. That is far too many just to allow for normal service improvements etc. It does look like they are preparing have another operator's routes moved in

I wonder whose though? That's a lot of extra vehicles for just one operator acquisition and I can't think of anyone in the area?

They will certainly be cramming them in at Cannock, they must be moving the training fleet and reserve fleet elsewhere to get them in. Even squeezing another 6 in at Tamworth would be fun unless they're only Enviro 200's or something similar.

Added to that is Tamworth is just about to get some 12m long Citaros to replace shorter B6s taking up more room in the depot

andy

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2012, 10:12:48 PM
Quote from: andy on August 03, 2012, 09:56:32 PM

Added to that is Tamworth is just about to get some 12m long Citaros to replace shorter B6s taking up more room in the depot

Precisley. In days gone by they used to pack them in across the back of the rows aswell as down the lanes, but this was stopped by the H&S executive when they decided that fire exits in other parts of the building weren't sufficient without leaving a clear gap infront of the pits. They are already using the outside space available. If they use anymore of it there are problems getting vehicles turned when everything is in. Interesting!

And surely any operator that large that they are looking to acquire would come with a decent sized premises anyway? Of course it is possible that they're just upping their licence to cover themselves for any future activity, they don't necessarily need to utilise all of this capacity immediately. For instance, if you're going to enter a round of tenders, you have to plan as if you will win all of them, you don't want to win them all only to discover you didn't licence yourself the capacity to house the vehicles and then face penalties for not being able to operate. Realistically they are probably just covering themselves.

Discodave

Quote from: SI 2012 on August 29, 2012, 08:11:06 PM
I have heard ( STAFFORD ) are getting extra buses soon they have 25 vehicles based at STAFFORD at the present moment which i have heard is set to increase to 34 vehicles any idea what extra buses are moving there please could it be some of the YJ57 / YJ61 plates at CANNOCK as i have heard that STAFFORD are taking on the 825 route again and maybe the 74 / 75 route going there can you confirm if these 3 routes moving to STAFFORD from CANNOCK are just rumour / speculation or is this above information correct, if so whens its likely to happen any info will be appreciated

Would make sense but moving the 825 would mean rejigging of cannock network as its interworked and the 74 and 5 and what would cannock do thats about 3/4 of there work

Bob

Theyll be taking over the 62 as well, i cant see em keeping the longford route, or the 62, they couldnt run that before. I live on the longford and the route has just died. yrs ago green bus used to have packed full leopards & the odd decker on it, but it has died an absolute death.

Discodave

Quote from: SI 2012 on September 01, 2012, 05:55:08 PM
I have also heard that CANNOCK depot is to get an increase in vehicles as well as STAFFORD depot, apparently CANNOCK are to get a ludicrous amount of extra buses an increase to 95 vehicles according to VOSA, even though CANNOCK is my hometown depot i have got to say i dont see why CANNOCK need that amount of vehicles as i cant see ARRIVA laying on many more NEW routes in CANNOCK except for maybe the 23 route that MIDLAND are currently running and the LONGFORD route that MIDLAND are currently running, so i am not sure why CANNOCK are having so many extra buses i am now querying will their yard be big enough for 95 vehicles,maybe they will replace the aging K reg / M reg driver trainers at CANNOCK K107 OHF / M430 UNW with some of them

Tony mentioned this but it might just be to cover themselves only other reason maybe is all Midlands training is going to be run from Cannock agree no extra routes and Bobs comments on the 62,23 and other routes hope Longford does keep a good service

Bob

the 810 is a joke 3 journeys a day mon to fri? it doesnt matter if they do scrap it really cos they got the 2 to walsall running through hourly

ARRIVA CK SI

Was at STAFFORD DEPOT / 23 / 9 / 2012 still no signs of any transfers to the STAFFORD fleet, newest vehicles at STAFFORD are still the 4 Y reg Dennis

Bob

Stafford only need MPDs really they should swap the longer Darts with MPDs from Cannock

Bob

Bob

they should swap those ALX Darts with the BU51s at Cannock, theyre not required at Stafford

Discodave

unless stafford gets back to full depot status with more longer distance services going there.

Bob

What difference would that make theyd just stick crap Darts on them regardless

Discodave

No as cannock is the offfical shit bus garage Stafford when at full depot status had better fitters so the darts did not rattle and actually were nice to drive, plus they would have all the good buses what are in Cannocks fleet (it happened when Cannock had new buses before)  for the long distance services and the crap left for cannock or more than likely Stafford would have a new fleet plus cannocks better buses.

andy

I do find it sad what's happened to Stafford. I remember them getting a whole new fleet of DP Darts for the 825 all branded specially, and when the service grew beyond their capacity they got full size replacements from Leicester that were still operating to a 30 minute frequency and were well loaded throughout the day. Now it's an afterthought.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk