News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 31, 2014, 10:18:33 AM
Quote from: Tony on January 31, 2014, 09:27:38 AM
Quote from: vinh1000 on January 31, 2014, 09:06:35 AM
Whilst on 900, a loud beep kept going off on 4903 sounded like the same beep you get when the exit door is open

Edit : air brakes pressure In red hence the beep
Got to Coventry though
Driver pressed the button to call garage but no response

I highly doubt a driver would be driving a bus with the air pressure warning permanently sounding, low air pressure is also a continual sound not a bleeping

Indeed.

Sounds more like platform not risen/malfunction alarm. Or on those 49xx on the 900 you go round a corner and the low water alarm comes on! Obviously goes off as soon as the bus is at the correct angle again.

OK np

I am corrected by Tony as looked at Dashboard and brake pressures all @ 12
Platform was OK it didnt go down or up
Weird

Though it still beeped by time it entered COV
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Liverpool Street

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 31, 2014, 06:51:02 PM
Whilst on 900, a loud beep kept going off on 4903 sounded like the same beep you get when the exit door is open

Got to Coventry though

I highly doubt a driver would be driving a bus with the air pressure warning permanently sounding, low air pressure is also a continual sound not a bleeping

Indeed.

Sounds more like platform not risen/malfunction alarm. Or on those 49xx on the 900 you go round a corner and the low water alarm comes on! Obviously goes off as soon as the bus is at the correct angle again.

OK np

Weird

Platform malfunction is beeping, by the way.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

vinh1000

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 31, 2014, 09:08:59 PM

Got to Coventry though

Indeed.

OK np

Weird

So would a bus be taken out of service for this reason?
Driver went to back opened engine bonnet and closed it again

Manual:

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 31, 2014, 10:57:09 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 31, 2014, 09:08:59 PM

Got to Coventry though

Indeed.

OK np

Weird

So would a bus be taken out of service for this reason?
Driver went to back opened engine bonnet and closed it again

Might have just been the 'bonnet open' warning then!

vinh1000

Beeping still went on though after
Who knows

GRS TRAVEL T202 broken down at green lane
Man came along and tried to fix the dashboard with a screwdriver

Manual:

lauren1993

Not really a breakdown but today whilst waiting for the 10 in town, 4404 pulled up (trying) to let a passanger on. The driver couldn't open the doors automatically, so the boarding passengers intervened and pressed the emergency open button and when that failed the driver tried the emergency open button from the inside and when that also failed he used all his strenght trying to manually force the doors opened, and when that failed other passengers onboard had to intervene and help the driver force the doors open to let people on! It was the funniest thing I'd seen all day and I was in stitches for at least half an hour! When the doors finally opened the driver joked gordon bennett I thought I'd have to let you in through the back door! :P
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: lauren1993 on February 02, 2014, 03:19:44 AM
Not really a breakdown but today whilst waiting for the 10 in town, 4404 pulled up (trying) to let a passanger on. The driver couldn't open the doors automatically, so the boarding passengers intervened and pressed the emergency open button and when that failed the driver tried the emergency open button from the inside and when that also failed he used all his strenght trying to manually force the doors opened, and when that failed other passengers onboard had to intervene and help the driver force the doors open to let people on! It was the funniest thing I'd seen all day and I was in stitches for at least half an hour! When the doors finally opened the driver joked gordon bennett I thought I'd have to let you in through the back door! :P

Surely if the doors were malfunctioning like that, the bus should have been taken out of service?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 02, 2014, 12:45:20 PM

Surely if the doors were malfunctioning like that, the bus should have been taken out of service?

My thoughts exactly. Malfunctioning passenger doors are a PG9 for PCV's I'm sure.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

lauren1993

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 02, 2014, 04:46:14 PM

My thoughts exactly. Malfunctioning passenger doors are a PG9 for PCV's I'm sure.
They probably did take it out of service after that journey, it was just leaving town and was probably going to go out of service after that journey anyway, so itd be easier to just let it do that journey then take it out of service for the reduced night time vr anyway. This was about 18:30.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: lauren1993 on February 02, 2014, 08:15:39 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 02, 2014, 04:46:14 PM

They probably did take it out of service after that journey, it was just leaving town and was probably going to go out of service after that journey anyway, so itd be easier to just let it do that journey then take it out of service for the reduced night time vr anyway. This was about 18:30.

True, but if the doors were malfunctioning and there had been an accident or fire where people need to get off the bus quickly, the doors need to be working correctly. If, god forbid, there had been a fire in the engine compartment, it may not have been suitable to use the rear fire escape and struggling to open the front doors could have cost time and caused injury or worse.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Niall

Diamond Royale Centro (the one without logos) being towed out of Birmingham at 12:25, by Snow Hill
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Rob H

I think 4094's batteries had failed by the looks of it as it had its flap up just below the driver I seen this from 1432 on the 27 just down the road from Northfield
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Mike K

5404 gave up the ghost at Quinton Tesco on the 24 this morning.

Stuharris 6360

1631 gave up the ghost this morning on Five Ways traffic lights in cradley Heath, looked as though it was on the 297.

nitromatt1

Quote from: N94 on February 03, 2014, 12:46:05 PM
Diamond Royale Centro (the one without logos) being towed out of Birmingham at 12:25, by Snow Hill

30825 is the one without logos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk