News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinh1000

Quote from: John on October 01, 2013, 09:16:46 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on October 01, 2013, 09:13:04 PM
More importantly what was 4697 doing on Colmore Row, the 101 I assume?

Was it actually on Colmore Row, or at the stop on Livery Street?

Possibly on the 101, or the 7, or maybe a rare working of the 46. Either way, an unusual working whatever route it was on
On 7
Livery Street

:P

ALSO VIP double decker around Smiths Wood area broken down - earlier attended by charging battery up (small box plugged in)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

The 002 was in crisis today, two running absolutely together all morning and now 30806 has just spectacularly broken down just before the motorway bridge, was on it absolutely packed because at least one was missing, just everything cut out and the brakes jammed on, it had absolutely died, no electricity no engine, nothing sending passengers flying and is now just stuck helplessly across the road

winston

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 04, 2013, 12:25:07 PM
The 002 was in crisis today, two running absolutely together all morning and now 30806 has just spectacularly broken down just before the motorway bridge, was on it absolutely packed because at least one was missing, just everything cut out and the brakes jammed on, it had absolutely died, no electricity no engine, nothing sending passengers flying and is now just stuck helplessly across the road

I understand that Halesowen had major traffic problems this morning after part of the A456 was completely closed between Manor Way & Fox Hunt island due to an accident, plus temporary traffic lights somewhere not allowing enough traffic through

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2013, 01:38:24 PM

I understand that Halesowen had major traffic problems this morning after part of the A456 was completely closed between Manor Way & Fox Hunt island due to an accident, plus temporary traffic lights somewhere not allowing enough traffic through

Temporary Traffic Lights were at Drews Holloway yesterday (between Colly Gate and Halesowen)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 04, 2013, 02:39:08 PM

Temporary Traffic Lights were at Drews Holloway yesterday (between Colly Gate and Halesowen)

That's the one, according to the radio they are there again today & causing delays

andrew1991

E400H got dragged down Birmingham street from Dudley bus station around 2:40pm hooked up to a Mansfield truck

nitromatt1

Quote from: Winston on October 04, 2013, 03:12:08 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on October 04, 2013, 02:39:08 PM

That's the one, according to the radio they are there again today & causing delays

The Halesowen Bypass (between Grange Road island at the top of Manor Way and the island at Hayley Green) was shut both ways this morning due to an RTA sending ALL traffic through Halesowen town centre, causing major delays

Niall

1808 was parked outside Millennium point when I came out of uni today with an engineering van parked behind it. Engineer got back in the van and both left just after I went past.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Trident 4609

5416 hooked up to a Mansfield Truck in Dudley this Morning around 10:45
Also 4810 broken down with its bonnet up in Halesowen Bus Station around 10:20

settlerman

1553 parked in Merry Hill for over 3 hours. Engineers arrived about 1040, Mansfild lorry was there when I went back about 1230 then that drove off and 1553 was stiill there at 1340.

John

Quote from: settlerman on October 10, 2013, 04:10:03 PM
1553 parked in Merry Hill for over 3 hours. Engineers arrived about 1040, Mansfild lorry was there when I went back about 1230 then that drove off and 1553 was stiill there at 1340.

I saw the Mansfield truck drive off as well.

VIP 'LG02 FEX' I think it was broke down on The Priory Queensway on a 424 working around 3 this afternoon, been hooked up to a yellow Volvo recovery truck

Nathan4775

Quote from: John on October 10, 2013, 04:51:10 PM
Quote from: settlerman on October 10, 2013, 04:10:03 PM

I saw the Mansfield truck drive off as well.

VIP 'LG02 FEX' I think it was broke down on The Priory Queensway on a 424 working around 3 this afternoon, been hooked up to a yellow Volvo recovery truck

I quite like VIP'S recovery truck, seen it a few weeks back when a VIP Dart broke down in the centre lane on Moor Street
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

Quote from: the trainbasher on October 10, 2013, 07:47:43 PM
1553 still in merry hill at 1938

https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1391752_10151885383348116_880344244_n.jpg

It seems like the Fiesta is moving the bus to a better angle to allow the tow truck to line up straight to the front of 1553 to hook up to it. The tow truck can not hook up and higher the boom at an angle can it?

Could a car like the Fiesta pictured be able to tow a bus a short distance?

the trainbasher

1553 just left on tow from merry hill at 2004. Looking at the rear display it may have been on the 297

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk