News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike K

4813 broken down outside the Strathalan hotel on the Hagley Road towards city at 8.15 this morning.

Cue traffic chaos.

Rob H

Quote from: Mike K on July 09, 2013, 10:09:22 AM
4813 broken down outside the Strathalan hotel on the Hagley Road towards city at 8.15 this morning.

Cue traffic chaos.

Think they moved 4813 asap because it wasn't there when I went past on 4805 on the 9 heading into the city and that was about 09:45
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Mike K

Quote from: Rob4367 on July 09, 2013, 01:59:13 PM

Cue traffic chaos.

Think they moved 4813 asap because it wasn't there when I went past on 4805 on the 9 heading into the city and that was about 09:45

I think it would have been a high priority to get it moved as traffic was down to one lane and starting to back up quite badly. It was showing Not in Service and with hazard lights flashing when I got past it.

Trident 4609

Cue traffic chaos.

Matt won't be happy as its his favourite bus. 4813/2 seem to both breakdown regually

Ash

584 broke down on the 47A think it's been replaced by an alx200 dart. Overheated I think as the engine cover is open.

Ash

Diamond cadets 30204 and 30209 broke down one behind each other both on the 4 at the same stop near Tame Bridge, both have rear engine covers up and water all over the floor.

NXWM: the engineers were out in West Bromwich bus station trying to sort a problem out with 1700 on the 49. Think it was a problem with the tyres.

the trainbasher

1616 276 looks like its expired by Alan Nutall Limited (near to bridge over Dudley bypass)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ash

584 broke down again today in west bromwich looks like it overheated again

nitromatt1

1769 broken down in Dudley on the 313 about 20:15 this evening

vinh1000

Yj57 bof claribels overheating in chelmsley wood
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

John

Midland 'V322 CVV' broke down in Merry Hill. Attended to by an Arriva Vauxhall Astra van

Rob H

I think 4094 brokedown in Solihull Station Yesterday it had its hazard lights indicating but I'm not sure if it was a breakdown just looked it to me saw it while waiting for 4896 on the 957
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Matt.N0056

Not exactly a breakdown, but an AG Scania in Solhull Town Centre got his ramp wedged between the bus and kerb so couldn't fold it back in. The doors wouldn't shut with the ramp being out and he couldn't raise the platform, so I dont know how the problem was resolved. Buses behind had to reverse to get out!

Ash

Ash

Saw a few breakdowns today one was 7027 which broke down just on it's way to Perry Barr although was displaying the 66 but had it's rear engine cover open. A merc broke down on the 81 just outside of Merry Hill causing havoc on one of the islands entering the shopping centre. A b7rle and a dart of diamond both on the 4 had to park up with both having their engines checked probably due to over heating.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk