News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

4569 broken down in Shirley on Haslucks Green Road.
6111 broken down in Solihull Town Centre.

Jack

1894 broken down on Bromford Lane in West Brom.

MasterPlan

6854 appears to be broken down on Smallbrook Queensway.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

6704 broke down on the University/Bristol Road stand on Priory Queensway, City Centre at about 4PM while on the X12.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

30941 was broken down in Walsall bus station replaced by 30302

settlerman

7529 broken down Druids Heath. It appears to have shredded some belts.

WMT3000

4290 broken down (11a) on Yardley Rd, AG.

Ginger66

Earlier I caught the 23 believe it 6841 due to a coffee spillage in buggy zone the driver could not move the bus due to health and safety concerns and needed to wait for control to say continue or terminate.

Surely in winter passengers walk in snow onto buses which turns to slush which is perfectly safe for buses to continue driving. 

Jack

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 13, 2019, 07:52:13 AM
Earlier I caught the 23 believe it 6841 due to a coffee spillage in buggy zone the driver could not move the bus due to health and safety concerns and needed to wait for control to say continue or terminate.

Surely in winter passengers walk in snow onto buses which turns to slush which is perfectly safe for buses to continue driving.
I've had the same before, a 4 pint bottle of milk spilt and the driver turfed everyone off... I guess it's to stop people walking in it making puddles on the bus.

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on September 13, 2019, 07:52:13 AM

Quote from: Jack on September 13, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
I've had the same before, a 4 pint bottle of milk spilt and the driver turfed everyone off... I guess it's to stop people walking in it making puddles on the bus.

Liquid spillages can cause people to slip over, that's why the bus would have been taken out of service.

That's also why it says in the terms and conditions of carriage that 'food and drink should not be consumed'.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Mike K

6861 currently sat completely dead at the War Lane / Fellows Lane 23 stop outbound.

CL

Engineer in attendance of 4551, which has appeared to have failed in Northfield
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

1874 with an engineer on Dyas Road.
4844 broken down in Pheasey.

Stu

Spotted 4692 getting 'a lift home' - on the back of a recovery truck on Stratford Road in Sparkbrook earlier.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

There's a 69 plate Platinum broken down at the roundabout between Solihull Station & Solihull Town. Broken down in the most awkward place lol.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk