News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

Currently sat on Stagecoach's 47075 which is taking slight gradients in no more than first gear, think the turbo has blown! It got on to the steep Boot Hill in Grendon, then there was a large hissing bang and a huge drop in power. Late enough as it is... No dash alarms though which is odd!
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

LiamthebusGuy

When I was just a little nipper I was on the WN559 (in my pushchair with my mom sat opposite to me) going round the loop when a car pulled out of Clare Ave in front of the bus, KABOOM! My mom was thrown forward out of her seat into my pushchair, I was unconscious and I don't know anymore about it because I was a baby and this happened about ten years ago. Anyone heard about this incident if so please PM me with details...

Liam

Alex

4576 appears to have given up the ghost at City Rd, New Birmingham Rd, display only has a single line on it. Seen from 2080 on PN120 at 1403
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Trident 4609

Quote from: Liam on March 30, 2015, 01:52:21 PM
When I was just a little nipper I was on the WN559 (in my pushchair with my mom sat opposite to me) going round the loop when a car pulled out of Clare Ave in front of the bus, KABOOM! My mom was thrown forward out of her seat into my pushchair, I was unconscious and I don't know anymore about it because I was a baby and this happened about ten years ago. Anyone heard about this incident if so please PM me with details...

Liam

Why would anybody be aware of something that happened ten years ago. Cars pull out on buses all the time. Happened to me on same route and location a few months back.

@Alex, 4576 is now on the 32 so managed to get running again.

Kevin

NX4858 was just seen being towed away from Bull street
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Niall

A Diamond Centro being seen to on Gorsty Hill at 1:50, and 4195 receiving attention in Halesowen at 2:00
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

P419 EJW

4542 left alone sitting in the middle of the bus station, hazard lights on. Looks like white stuff is under the back of the bus.

Trident 4194

Quote from: N94 on April 01, 2015, 02:56:23 PM
A Diamond Centro being seen to on Gorsty Hill at 1:50, and 4195 receiving attention in Halesowen at 2:00

Were you driving when you saw the centro, as I was on value branded bus and passed it about that time? It is now back in service I believe

mranon

4542 being attended to by mansfield tow truck approx 18:30. looked like diesel leak

Kevin

There's currently a Diamond solo blocking Old Square in Brum, would love to see the chaos later in the busier part of rush hour hour when they try to hook it up to a recovery truck
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

BU07 LGO

Quote from: Kevin on April 02, 2015, 07:35:27 AM
There's currently a Diamond solo blocking Old Square in Brum, would love to see the chaos later in the busier part of rush hour hour when they try to hook it up to a recovery truck

I saw that had to struggle past on the 51

Stuharris 6360

6102 broken down at Park Lane bus stop in Colley Gate at 11:30am!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

4113 was on tow into West Brom 1425 by tesco

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

P419 EJW

1408 looks like she's broken down. Just passed it. 1408 has the hazard lights on, no sight of the driver. Seen at Bilston. Supposed to do 39 to Wolverhampton.

Tara4352

i seen that to 586 was the same at WN and was due to do the 25

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk