News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnoc

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 30, 2014, 08:06:40 PM
Don't see how you can go saying "Tridents are the most unreliable buses ever made." Fires are incredibly rare on them (consider how many are in the fleet and the number of trips they do). I agree with Tony on this - and anyway one of the Trident fires was due to vandals. The Tridents are doing very well for their age and considering the amount of miles they will have done.

Now Optare Solo SRs at Blue Diamond - well they could be categorised as unreliable  :D
Unsurprisingly over 1.5 million miles.

John

4283 and 4284 both broke down today.

4283 lost its air pressure on Aukland Drive (why I had 7032 on the 94), and 4284 was towed back to garage from Livery Street while working the 7

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 02, 2014, 04:22:40 PM
Don't see how you can go saying "Tridents are the most unreliable buses ever made." Fires are incredibly rare on them (consider how many are in the fleet and the number of trips they do). I agree with Tony on this - and anyway one of the Trident fires was due to vandals. The Tridents are doing very well for their age and considering the amount of miles they will have done.

Now Optare Solo SRs at Blue Diamond - well they could be categorised as unreliable  :D

At Three and a half years old that would mean they had been driven nearly 600 miles every single day 7 days a week,
I don't think they do quite that many miles around Dorridge?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on December 02, 2014, 08:57:26 PM
Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on December 02, 2014, 04:22:40 PM

At Three and a half years old that would mean they had been driven nearly 600 miles every single day 7 days a week,
I don't think they do quite that many miles around Dorridge?

I think he might be talking about the mileage of NXWM's oldest Tridents?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
Probably waiting for a driver...
For 2 hours? Don't think so, blinds had been blanked and doors left open, waiting for Mansfield perhaos, who were actually just leaving Merry Hill towing out a Dudley Council Optare Alero

the trainbasher

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on December 02, 2014, 11:33:38 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on December 02, 2014, 03:21:58 PM
Probably waiting for a driver...
For 2 hours? Don't think so, blinds had been blanked and doors left open, waiting for Mansfield perhaos, who were actually just leaving Merry Hill towing out a Dudley Council Optare Alero

The alero would be going back to the council depot then.

I was joking about it waiting for a driver (forgot to add a smiley though...) it was still there when I was having a few trips on late running 226s at 1830!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

The 16s weren't dong too good this morning. 4257 towed from Hamstead, another suffered a broken window, and I had to return another bus to garage due to faulty electrics

the trainbasher

Stagecoach Cymru 50208 stopped in Birmingham due to broken windscreen. Wicksons replaced it on the Megabus M35 service.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

John

4525 became defective this afternoon on the 94, ABS warning light. Was looking forward to driving that one as well, had 4493 instead by the time it turned up for me to take over (an hour late!)

Kevin

There's an E400 currently being hooked up to a Mansfield truck at One Stop on the 51 bus stop
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

bususer12

4555 leaking some fluids from the rear of the bus at Merry Hill 2.40pm

Trident 4609

Quote from: bususer12 on December 10, 2014, 04:39:20 PM

That bus always seems to have problems! It was being seen to by an engineer on Sunday morning at Wolverhampton Bus Station and it wasn't going anywhere fast!

Roy

Quote from: Nathan on December 10, 2014, 04:42:02 PM

That bus always seems to have problems! It was being seen to by an engineer on Sunday morning at Wolverhampton Bus Station and it wasn't going anywhere fast!

It was on the 1200 hrs Merry Hill to Wolverhampton service 255 which should have arrived at Wolverhampton at 1315 hrs.  At least two journeys on that running board for service 255 were cancelled this afternoon (1518 hrs Wall Heath to Merry Hill and 1600 hrs Merry Hill to Wolverhampton) so it looks as though 4555 was not replaced until at least 1720 hrs. 

Tony

Quote from: Roy on December 10, 2014, 08:19:44 PM
Quote from: Nathan on December 10, 2014, 04:42:02 PM

It was on the 1200 hrs Merry Hill to Wolverhampton service 255 which should have arrived at Wolverhampton at 1315 hrs.  At least two journeys on that running board for service 255 were cancelled this afternoon (1518 hrs Wall Heath to Merry Hill and 1600 hrs Merry Hill to Wolverhampton) so it looks as though 4555 was not replaced until at least 1720 hrs.

It was not replaced, 4555 was repaired by the engineer that attended and is still out on that running board

Stuharris 6360

Unidentified Enviro 400 on back of Mansfield Truck passing through Pensnett around 20:00 tonight!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk